VII

Convention Fun
Streaks of light
Panel
Answer?
Hesitated thoughts

Rain's POV:

I woke up in the morning to a light drizzle outside my hotel window. I rolled over to my other side where Tom was sleeping, his chest rising and falling at a steady beat. I nudged him.

"Tom" I groaned, dragging out the o. His eyes fluttered open and he turned his face to me and smiled.

"Morning sunshine"

"You're quoting James"

"Wag is my homie, I'm allowed to quote him" he laughed and closed his eyes again. I punched him in the arm playfully and squeezed his shoulder.

"Tom today is convention day and it's raining out"

"Yeah, and it's also dark out still" he chuckled.

"Our train leaves soon. We have to get up" I said, swinging my feet over the side of the bed. Tom shuffled out of bed too and after making ourselves look presentable we walked out the door. Tom was carrying a backpack with his stuff and I had a shoulder bag with my vlogging camera, phone, charger and headphones. I pocketed some money too for the train ride there and back. The train station was not far from out hotel at all so we decided to walk the distance. The drizzle hit my face as I stepped out the door of the hotel.

"Cold?" Tom asked.

"Not at all. But thanks" I retorted. We arrived to the train station five minutes later, my hair a little wet on the top. We boarded the correct train and before we knew it, it was eight in the morning and we were walking into the convention center.

"Where's your first panel?" I asked Tom.

"We part ways here. I have to go to the bigger hall for a panel on gaming on Twitch. I'll see you later" Tom gave me a brief hug and ran off in the other direction. My first order of the day was a panel on Women in Gaming on the other end of the building. I walked through the halls that were filled with just broadcasters, because the doors have not opened yet for the general public. I strolled through, looking at all the decorations that adorned the walls and booths. I made it to the area where my panel was going to be and joined my make up artist backstage. She reapplied my already existent makeup and added a bit more color to my lips. I was backstage in a comfortable bean bag chair for the next half hour while the convention opened. A British voice announced something over the speakers.

Women in Gaming panel starts soon in the main auditorium

My make up artist sauntered up to me.

"Ready?" She flashed me a white toothed smile.

"Yup" I nodded.

"You're on in ten" she said and walked off.

Erin, Sonja and Ally joined me. I introduced myself to Erin and Ally as I have not met them before. Thankfully, I knew Sonja because of Tom. He was best friends with her boyfriend, Tucker.

"You guys walk on in a couple minutes okay?" The sound check guy asked. We gave him a thumbs up and waited as the final people piled into the auditorium and found their seats. I peaked out from the curtain and saw that the room was completely full of people, some standing, some sitting in the aisles. Constant chatter graced the air.

"Nervous?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to find Erin.

"A little. It's my first panel. It's  a pretty big deal for me" I breathed out, my heart pounding heavily.

"I was just the same my first panel actually. And social anxiety doesn't help" she chuckled. Her assuring statements made me feel better so I took a sip of water from my water bottle and took a deep breath in.

"And now welcome to the stage the amazing ladies that have had such an amazing influence in the girl gaming community. Erin, Rain, Sonja and Ally" the announcer stated and the audience erupted in applause and cheers as we ran on stage and took our seats.

"Introduce yourself girls!"

"Hi I'm Erin or Aureylian and my affiliation is Mindcrack. I love playing Minecraft especially if it's with friends" she grinned.

"Hi I'm Rain or RainPlays and I don't really have an affiliation but I am a twitch partner. I also enjoy Minecraft but I play Call Of Duty and other games" I said, my voice a bit shaky.

"My name is Sonja Reid but I am also known as OMGitsfirefoxx to my Foxx Fam. My affiliation is the Mianite series that I play on with Tom, Tucker and Jordan. Also, I'm super excited to be doing this panel because I'm very passionate about the equality for women in gaming" Sonja said.

"Finally, I'm Ally or 2MGovercsquared. I play Call of Duty usually but I also draw and just chat with my fan base. I'm really happy to be here too and looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!" She waved to the little girl in the front row who had a major freak out and almost fainted.

The panel continued and ended. I got to sign a few things  that were sent up to me and I answered a bunch of questions from people. The panel was just an hour and a half long so obviously we couldn't answer all the questions that were posed. I felt really bad so I stood outside the room for half an hour and took pictures and signed various objects and body parts. It was nearing midday when I got a text from Tom.

Syndicute💜: I'm free for the next hour ;)

Rainy🎉: Wanna meet at the Razer booth?

Syndicute💜: Yes

I made my way through the crowds of people, occasionally stopping for a selfie.

"Hey" I waved as I walked up to Tom who was looking at the newest Razer product.

"Wanna grab lunch or something?" He asked.

"Not really. I'm not that hungry" was my response.

We ended up hanging out for an hour looking at all the booths and new gaming devices. The day was over quickly and we took the train back to our hotel.

"I'm pooped"

"So am I" a drowsy voice retorted to me.

"Goodnight"