V

Sticky promises
Sleepless nights
Love
Hopeful thoughts
Never ending

Rain's POV:

I stood in front of Tom, phased by his question, my drenched clothes and hair starting to stick to my skin. Makeup running down my cheeks I watched as Tom's face remained still and his black suit anchored itself to his trembling body. I hesitated before enveloping him in a hug, the heat of our bodies conjoining and making us feel warm.

"Is that a yes?" Tom said, his voice almost inaudible behind the rain. I pulled away from him, our clothes making a sloppy slosh sound.

"Indeed"

The next month was spent planning our trip and deciding what to pack because we decided to go for a week, therefore we would need a lot of clothes. Tom had boughten two pairs of tickets for Insomnia54 and two passes for the after hours Twitch party. And the following events happened the night before we were supposed to leave.

"What do you mean they were cancelled?!" I yelled, my voice projecting loud in the large living room.

"I don't know. They just sent me an email saying they are unable to board you. I don't know Rain" Tom said, looking down onto the parquet floor, his voice almost nonexistent. Tears spilled out my eyes as I realized that I would not be able to travel with Tom.

"Is there anymore tickets?" I asked. Tom didn't reply, just shook his head no.

"Great" I slumped down on the couch and watched as Tom waddled over to me and sat down at a reasonable distance.

"I'm sorry about that. I won't go without you" he said, a ray of hope in his speech.

"No you have to go, your fans care about you" I spoke, tears spilling out of my eyes, creating small puddles on my bare knees. I hunched over and got up, shuffling to the bathroom to wash off the makeup that was streaked on my cheeks.

"I'll drive you to the airport tomorrow morning" I smiled weakly and gave Tom a quick hug before retiring to my place.

I barged into my apartment, kicked off my shoes and instantly sat down in front of my computer. I opened up Expedia, checking for flights. I ended up calling them and they squeezed me on to a flight that left two hours after Tom's. I knew which hotel he would be staying at so I decided I would surprise him. It was three in the morning when I finished my packing and threw my suitcases in the trunk of the car. I hid them so he wouldn't notice when he put his suitcase in. I sighed heavily and went back to my apartment, washed up and went to bed. After all, I have to get up in three hours to drive Tom to the airport.

RING RING RING

My alarm blared through the room and I shot out of bed, excited about my plans. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a short sleeve shirt but grabbed a jacket in case it would get cold on the flight. I took my keys, phone and gum from the counter and stuffed them in my purse which also contained my charger and all essentials I would need for the flight. I fumbled with the door lock, making sure that my door was secure. I shuffled down the hallway, lightly knocking on Tom's door. He opened it quickly, his suitcase right behind him and a laptop bag hanging across his body.

"Hey" he smiled with a bit of sadness in his eyes. I smiled and spun on my heels walking down the hallway. I heard the sound of wheels rolling behind me and muffled footsteps. I drove to the airport in complete silence, still contemplating my master plan. Traffic was minimal because it was nighttime so we got to the airport pretty quickly. I walked Tom through security, having parked my car in the long term parking garage. We were standing at the gate and Tom's flight was about to board so he gave me a tight hug and a friendly kiss on the cheek and left. I watched him disappear around the corner and ran out of the airport, to my car to grab my suitcases. I sped through security and arrived at my gate half an hour before boarding started. I settled down and looked at my phone. There was nothing on it except a text from Tom.

Syndicute💜: I'll Skype you from the hotel room.

Rainy😍: I might be doing some shopping so don't worry if I don't pick up instantly.

I didn't expect Tom to respond because his flight would be in the air by now. After boarding had started I found my seat and settled down for the long flight.

~In England~

I stepped into the cool temperature of London, England. Raising my hand from the edge of the sidewalk I hailed a cab and told the driver the hotel address. The city left me speechless as we sped through the streets, it was beautiful. The driver dropped me off in front of a fancy hotel with pillars and a doorman. I retrieved my suitcases and shoulder bag from the trunk and headed inside.

"Name of person on reservation?" The clerk asked me in a heavy British accent.

"Cassell. He should have already checked in but he doesn't know I'm here. It's a surprise" I grinned.

"Is he a good friend?"

"Very"

"I have to ask some questions to verify that you actually know Mr. Cassell" he raised his eyebrows. I nodded in response.

"First name?"

"Tom"

"Place of residence?"

I gave him our address and after one more question I had received the room key from the clerk.

"Room 834"

"Thank you" I nodded politely, took hold of my suitcase and dragged it to the elevator. I pressed the button and the doors opened with a ding. I pressed the button with the number 8 on it and the elevator trudged up. It opened shortly and I stepped into the quiet hallway. My energy was at an all time high but it was nearing ten o'clock at night. I inserted the key into the correct slot and the door whizzed open.

"SURPRISE!" my words echoed through the room as I heard a gasp from the bed.