IV

Meet again
Rainy day
Sunset rays
Fly with me
Okay?

~~Skip One Month~~

Rain's POV:

My clock read 10:03 when I opened my eyes in the morning. I groaned as I felt a throbbing headache start from my neck to my temples. I scrambled out of bed quickly and slowly walked to the kitchen where I popped two Aleve's in my mouth. It kicked in five minutes later and I felt much better. I climbed into my tiger onesie and proceeded to the bathroom where I did my morning routine. I decided against putting make up on my face because I would be inside the whole day, recording videos for my YouTube channel that has grown to over 50,000 fans because of Tom. I mean Syndicate who collaborated with me and sent a wave of his subscribers over to my channel. I couldn't be happier, I was starting to get decent pay because I was working as a YouTuber but also as an artist in a gallery downtown. I started paying off my student loans, I had lots of friends (my best friend being Tom of course) and I had finally started to forget about all the mishaps that happened to me back in New York. I had a dinner planned with Tom tonight at a restaurant in Santa Monica. My phone buzzed on the pastel pink night stand that stood next to my bed. I picked it up sliding the text message to read it.

Sindicute🎉🎀: Hey, can't wait for dinner tonight. You excited? :D

Rainy👌🏼💜: Totes magoats. I've never been a person who eats out much, but you know that. So this is a good opportunity <3

I got a read receipt but no reply from Tom so I plugged my phone into the charger and turned on some music while I turned on my computer and lights. My recording space was very organized but what they didn't see was the boxes behind the camera that still haven't been unpacked because I was either lazy or busy. I opted to put on a shirt and sweep my hair to the side. A glance in the mirror told me that I needed some makeup to look alive on camera. I did exactly that and put a light coat of powder on, complimented by some mascara and coral colored lipgloss. Finally, I was able to sit down and launch my game and recording software. I decided to stream on Twitch for an hour or two so I could entertain my viewers and get some work done.

@RainPlays Hey guys! I'm streaming on Twitch now. Just a lazy stream :) twitch.tv/rainplays

I posted the tweet and started my stream, saying hello to the viewers that started joining in.

"So I think I'll have you guys vote on what I should play" I hummed as I created a strawpoll with some choices.

"So I'm offering Minecraft, Counter Strike: Global Offence, Counter Strike: Zombies and some GTA" I said as I posted the strawpoll and watched the choices flow in. Minecraft was winning by a few votes over CS:GO and after five minutes of chatting with my subscribers I switched over to the game.

"Okay, so Minecraft it is" I grinned into the camera.

"So while the game is starting up, how are you guys doing?" I questioned.

Goods and OKs appeared in chat but I noticed that some people said bad or meh. I always pay attention to those people because I know what it feels like to be left alone. I opened a new tab on another monitor and messaged the handful of people and asked them to tell me about their day. I just wanted what was best.

Soon enough I went back to my chat and it was filled with Where is Tom and You should play with Tom or OMG when are you guys going to tell us you're together. I guess to a person in the outside it really did seem like Tom and I were more then friends, but that was not the case. I'm not going to lie, I did harbor some feelings for him overtime but I was almost positive that he just viewed me as a friend. Almost.

"Guys, Tom is busy at a meeting right now" I told them as I loaded my world in Minecraft. Chat died down and I switched it into subscriber only mode.

I streamed for three hours, gathering a lot of footage. In the last hour I opted to switch for CS:GO to get some different content.

"Okay guys, this was a great stream but I have to end it now so I can edit the footage and then get ready for my dinner with Tom" I said and then clapped my hands in my signature fashion, turning the stream off after. I sighed and leaned back in my chair staring at the three hours of footage I had acquired. I split the footage into episodes and started editing the first one. I was about half way through the second episode of Minecraft when I got a phone call. Not ungluing my eyes from the screen, I pressed the accept button and Tom's voice rang into my ear.

"You've been on that grind, haven't you? You've been ignoring all my bloody text messages!" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I really have been. Sorry" I took a needed minute from the editing and looked at the clock.

"Jesus Christ Tom! Is that the time? I'll be ready in twenty!" I yelled and popped off my seat, throwing my phone on my bed.

I slid into my strapless black dress that reached to my heels. A pair of black platforms accompanied my outfit and a golden necklace graced my neck. I put on some heavier makeup for the night out and ran out the door, phone and keys in my hand. I walked down the hallway and straightened out my hair before knocking on the door. It opened immediately, revealing Tom in an ironed black suit elegantly tied off with a bow tie.

"Ready to go?" He asked, extending his arm to me which I took in turn and looped mine into. Tom walked me to his car and we got in, no words said. It was about twenty minutes later that I noticed he was starting to drive up a hill and I was quite sure there were no restaurants there because the only thing that laid ahead of us was pure darkness.

"Where are you taking us?" My curiosity got the better of me.

"It's a surprise. I made a little picnic lunch for us and I thought this would be better then going to a restaurant" Tom said, not taking his eyes off the road. He weaved through the dark turns, climbing higher and higher on the mountain. Quiet music was playing in the car and the atmosphere was making me quite drowsy. Another half hour of silent driving goes by and Tom finally stops the car on the side of the road. He walks over to my passenger door and opens it.

"Just like a gentleman" I chuckle at his modesty. He takes my hand after grabbing the weaved picnic basket from the trunk and leads me into the darkness. All around us one could hear the chirping of crickets or an occasional sound of the grass being ushered by the wind. Tom led me through some tall grass to a flat area of the hill and only then did I realize where we were. I couldn't help it and a gasp escaped my mouth because of all the beauty I was seeing. Underneath our feet, the bustling city of Los Angeles was spread out. The loud honking of the countless cars, the chatter of the pedestrians could not even be heard from way up here. Somehow, Tom had gotten permission to drive up to the Hollywood sign in the night.

"Tom, it's beautiful" I said, keeping my eyes on the city of Angels, my hand still tightly intertwined with his.

I heard him take a deep breath but didn't pay much attention to it until he pulled on my arm, signaling for me to turn his way. I did so, only to see him looking really awkward and stepping from foot to foot.

"You okay?" I stifled a laugh.

"Will you go to I54 with me?" His voice nervous as rain started to pour down on us.

A/N: okay. How cheesy was that >.<