XII

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down"
-Mary Pickford

Rain's POV:

"I like it" I said.

"I like it too" Tom grinned and grabbed my hand.

We were facing the house that we had just looked at and we were pretty positive that it was perfect for us. It was in a beautiful area and it was really close our friends' residences. It felt so surreal to me that the first house I would be living in would be with the person that I loved the most as of right now. Tom gave me a squeeze on the hand.

"It's a rash decision. But should we tell him we want it? We can afford it, Rain. We really can" Tom said, smiling a small smile, trying to make me feel at ease.

I nodded.

"Yes. Yes, go tell him" I said.

Tom bolted inside the house. I stayed outside, admiring the fall weather that was adoring the Los Angeles suburbs now. The leaves were turning a pale orange mixed with bright reds and yellows but the temperature stood at a solid 90 degrees. As a person who had come from a cold place, I really didn't mind the constant heat even though I did miss the snow during Christmas. I mean, come on, who spends Christmas without snow? I'll have to take Tom somewhere snowy for Christmas. I made a mental note in my head and stared up at the blue sky. Everything was finally seeming to tie together, and that's when Tom jumped out at me.

"Alright it's tied up, there's some stuff I'll still have to finish but here" he held out his hand, a house key dangling from it. The keychain read, 8863 Oak Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90068.

"Two million dollars well spent!" I laughed and high fived Tom. He went back inside to talk to the realtor some more. Which left me to think even longer.

It was a beautiful house with a large outdoor entertaining area and a pool. The house was built in the 1950s but was remodeled before this sale, so everything was completely new. The stainless steel appliances sparkled in the kitchen, not a single finger has touched them. The kitchen/dining room was right on the left as you walked in and the large living room was on the right. The two spaces flowed together and then merged into a hallway that led all the way to the back of the house. On the left side in the middle of the hallway was a bathroom and right across from it was the guest bedroom. At the end of the hallway, the passage divided into two openings. The two bedrooms were merged together, the wall knocked down. This created a spacious bedroom for Tom and I. In the big backyard we would order to built two standalone rooms for our recording spaces. This was going to be perfect. The neighborhood was quiet, we lived on a secluded private road. The only thing that I worried about was somebody leaking our address online. After all, Tom was a big celebrity and I had my own substantial fan base. I shook the thought away and started towards the house where Tom was signing some papers. He then whipped out his vlogging camera and started talking into the lens.

"We just bought a house!" E exclaimed, smiling like an idiot. An idiot that I loved with my whole heart. Only to think that a year ago, I was stuck in snowy New York. Not a lot of friends, no boyfriend. Just a big furry jacket and a cup of hot Starbucks.

"So Rain what do you think?" He turned the camera to face me. I walked up closer to it and showed a thumbs up, then proceeded to smile and hug Tom.

"This is going to be just great" I gave Tom a kiss on the cheek and then blew one at the camera. He turned off his vlogging camera right when the realtor walked up to him with some more papers.

~2 months later~

"Where do you want your desk ma'am?" The delivery guy bellowed. I pointed to the back wall and he dragged the large packaging over to where I pointed.

"You can leave the shelf outside for now. Thank you" I said, starting to tear apart the packaging around my new desk. I had my computer parts (sponsored by Intel and Razer) I was just lacking the perfect desk; And now it was here. I smiled as the desk was revealed to me. It was a brilliant black color, the wood was polished and the desk curved around to the side a little bit, giving me all the space I needed. I ushered Tom in to help me set up and in half in hour, we were in business. I told Tom that I would be over soon to help him with his desk (that was an exact copy of mine) after I finished setting up. I put up my monitor and keyboard down onto the desk and dusted them off. An hour later, all my wires were tucked neatly under the desk, my papers were on the side and my chair was behind the desk. The set up looked perfect.

I ran over to Tom's room only to see that he had already set up his desk and was now laying down under the table trying to sort out all the wires that were dangling.

"Need help?" I whispered.

His head shot up.

"Yeah, I think so" he sounded frustrated. I tucked away all his wires neatly under the desk.

"Thanks" he sighed, wiping the sweat from his forehead. I shrugged my shoulders.

"So what do you want to do now?"

"I was thinking maybe live stream for a little bit? Let them know that we're going to be back on a regular schedule?" I said.

"Sounds like a good plan. See you later"