XXV

Rain's POV:

I ended up making it down the building, only to find out that somebody had an unfortunate cooking accident. I guess the saying that anything is dangerous is true. Anyway, they evacuated the hotel and gave us all temporary rooms at a sister hotel, two blocks over.

Tom and I scrambled into our room, completely tired and needing sleep. Tomorrow, we wanted to go to the Queen Mary which is an old ship that's docked in Long Beach now. It used to serve as a luxury ocean liner (RMS Queen Mary, just like the Titanic). I have a certain fascination with historical objects and ships so I'm very excited and I'm guessing Tom is too.

"Goodnight?" Tom cocked an eyebrow.

I nodded, a yawn overtaking me.

We slept like a pair of dead people. I don't usually get tired easily but I was very tired, due to all the jet lag and the hotel fire.

~~~

The rays of sunshine peaked their arms through the velvety curtains of our hotel rooms. I always felt like the warm reminder of the sun in the morning was a gentle and natural alarm.

Waking up (refreshed) for the first time in a while, I got ready and then shook Tom awake.

"Morning. I made coffee" I smiled and kissed his cheek.

I walked away but saw him grin out of the corner of his eye. I arranged two cups of coffee, two bananas and two sandwiches. I figured, we could eat after we spent some time on the ship.

Tom and I always talked about complete nonsense during meals. This time it was about the moon landing and all the conspiracies surrounding it. My fascination with space could keep me talking for hours and hours, without end. Alas, we didn't want to miss our tour so we had to get going. Tom grabbed his single use coffee cup with him but I had already finished mine.

~~~

The ride to the ship didn't take long at all. We didn't have a car rented out so we had to take the bus.

Honestly, the Queen Mary is huge. It's a living, floating piece of history. I felt like royalty, I felt privileged to was the decks of such a grandiose ship. She is larger than the Titanic but I really did feel like I was aboard the "Unsinkable Ship". 

"Do you think that if the Titanic faced the iceberg head on, it would have survived?" I asked Tom.

"I think so, yes. Because then it would have just squished it's nose. Otherwise, she made a huge dent in the side of the ship which flooded 5 compartments. She couldn't stay afloat" Tom said.  

"I agree. She could have just blocked off the compartments that had water then. BUT. It was a panic situation and I think, if I was the Captain, I would have ordered the ship to steer away too" I shrugged.

The tour went great. They took us to the most haunted areas of the ship. Which were really creepy. I didn't feel anything but they were scary and unnerving. Especially the pool. It was empty, 12 feet deep. The room itself was very dimly lit and created an atmosphere that almost smelled of death. You don't even imagine how many deaths can happen on a ship. May it be accidental or not.

"I can't believe someone got murdered here! It's just a cruise liner" my eyes were probably wide, my heart was sure beating pretty quickly.

"There's crazy people everywhere" Tom giggled and grabbed my hand.

We walked around the ship for a little while longer and I ended up loosing Tom on some stateroom tour or something. I wondered around and went up to the top of the ship, on the shuffleboard deck. There was not a soul there, two chairs in the middle and the sound of bird song in the air. 

I sat on the chair on the left

I sat on the chair on the left. I closed my eyes but was forced to reopen them when I heard a very light paper sound next to me. Glancing in the direction, I saw that there was, indeed, a piece of paper next to me. 

I picked it up, curious to see what it was. Instantly, I realized that it was coated in some sort of half transparent green fluid.

"Ew" I cringed.

I flipped the paper, reading the three words that were neatly scrawled on it. 

I Found You.