VI

Surprise?
Sight see
Candlelit dinner
Why can't you see?
With me

Rain's POV:

I walked in to the room and was greeted by Tom's loud gasp.

"Rain?" His eyes wide and glossy.

"That's my name, don't wear it out" I ran to him and pushed myself into his arms, pushing him onto the bed.

"How are you here?" He said, his voice still full of disbelief. His arms were wrapped around me tightly as if scared that I'll disappear again, his hot breath on my neck.

"I worked my butt off and got tickets to meet you here. My flight left two hours after yours. It was an elaborate plan really" I said, letting go of him and sitting down on the floor, cross-legged. Tom looked down on me with the utmost love and respect, one could really see he was glad that I was here.

"So what do we do now?" He grinned, "Do you have a room?"

My smile faded. That's one thing I didn't think of. I shook my head but Tom remained optimistic.

"You'll stay here"

"But there's only one bed"

"I'll sleep on the floor" Tom's voice was sure. I nodded a thank you and then dragged him up off the bed.

"Let's go sightseeing!" I jumped up and down excitedly. I have never been to London before but have always wanted to visit. It was even better that Tom was here and we were here for a gaming convention. Tom nodded eagerly and proceeded to dig through his suitcase for his jacket. I did the same, seeing as it was a bit chilly outside and I also grabbed some money to exchange. Tom already had some pounds that we could use but we would need more. We left the hotel room, making sure the door was locked behind us. We giggled throughout our cab ride to the Big Ben.

"Wow" Tom stretched his arm forward to point to the huge clock. His hand rested on the small of my back and my head was lying down on his left shoulder. We stood close to each other, admiring the beauty of the city for a couple minutes until Tom took my hand and led me down the street to a small café.

"La Gauloise?" I read the name.

"My dad used to take me here when I was a little boy. I have very fond memories of this place. Hopefully I'll make some more with you" he grinned at me.

"So cheesy" I playfully slapped his arm as he opened the door for me.

We stood at the entrance and looked at the café that was bustling with people.

"How about that table near the coffee maker?" He pointed to the table for two in the corner of the bakery. I weaved my way through the tables that were positioned on the floor of the building. Tom and I sat down and a server came to take our order. I ordered a cappuccino with a mango turnover while Tom ordered some black coffee and a raspberry strudel. We ate and chatted about our flights and what we were excited about on this trip. Finally when it was about midnight, we retired back to our hotel.

"Are you sure you wanna sleep on the floor?" I mumbled while brushing my teeth, the statement coming out as a blurb of unintelligible words. I watched as Tom inched his eyebrows together and frowned.

"What?" His voice got high at the a. I resisted the urge to spit out the toothpaste on the carpet and went into the bathroom. I reemerged once again after a few short seconds.

"I was asking if you really wanted to sleep on the floor" I said while watching Tom drag the extra pillows from the closet onto the ground where he had already laid out a sheet. A head nod was the only response I got so I shrugged my shoulders and climbed into bed after throwing on a silk blue t-shirt and some sleeping shorts.

"Goodnight" Tom said and turned off the lights sending the room into pitch black quietness. I listened to Tom lay down on the floor close to the window. The guilt of taking Tom's bed was eating me alive and I could not fall asleep. I got up, the cold air enveloping my legs and tip toed to where Tom was laying down. Thank god that my vision adjusted easily to the dark or I would have surely tripped over his figure. Tom was laying down in front of the bay window looking out into the city, not sleeping. I took his hand, a jolt from the surprise racking him, and pulled him up. I guided him to the king size bed and pointed I the left side of it and then proceeded to get in on the other side.

"Now it's goodnight" I grinned as he shuffled under the blankets. The bed was big enough for the both of us to not feel awkward. With my soul at rest, I fell asleep only to be woken up in the morning by the bed shaking wildly. I clutched on to my blankets, my eyes still closed, thinking it was an earthquake. I sat there for a few seconds and then got enough courage to open my eyes. I was greeted by Tom jumping wildly on the bed with a smile on his face. His hair was ruffled and he looked really rested.

"Morning?" I questioned his motives.

"A good one too" he hopped onto the carpet.

"Pancakes in ten minutes" he said, pulling on a shirt and walking out the door. I sniffed and was greeted by the smell of pancakes coming from somewhere in the small kitchenette. That was very nice of Tom to make breakfast. I scrambled out of bed and onto the floor and then pulled myself up. I outstretched my hands to the sky and yawned loudly. I exchanged my shorts and shirt for a pair of capri washed jeans and a purple t-shirt with a skull and bones on it. I did my make-up and put on some dark maroon lipstick.

"Ready to eat? I brought maple syrup" I heard Tom say from the hallway.

"Thanks for making breakfast" I stepped out from the bathroom and into the kitchen where Tom was putting the pancakes on plates and drizzling them with maple syrup.

"Anything for you m'lady"