X

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage"
-Lao Tzu

Rain's POV:

The flight home was quick and painless. I slept most of the way while Tom stayed up and edited videos. However, right before I fell asleep I thought of how my life would be so much more different now that I'm with Tom. I would be known as his girlfriend, I would do interviews with him, go to conventions, do jobs. The more I thought about it the happier I became but there was a tang of guilt deep in my throat. It wasn't letting me be a 100 percent happy and I couldn't figure out why.

Tom and I parted ways with a hug at my apartment. I needed to take a shower and wash of the long plane journey. I was super tired and the jet lag wasn't making my case any better. I ended up taking a quick shower and collapsing on my bed.

It was one in the morning when I woke up to a knock on my door. I scrambled out of bed and opened the door. A sleepy Tom was standing there, his hair ruffled his chocolate eyes dimly lit, the bags under his eyes more prominent than other times. He invited himself into my apartment and collapsed on the couch, face first on my Sherlock pillow.

"I'm dead" he mumbled, his voice barely audible.

I couldn't help but chuckle, I probably didn't look any better. I walked over to my bed again and plopped down on it, enveloping myself in my blankets. I didn't even notice as I passed out again.

---------
"Rain. Rain" I heard a sing song voice whisper.

"What" I moaned.

"It's four in the afternoon and neither you or me have food in the fridge" Tom said.

I unglued my eyes apart "Order a pizza, my wallet is on the counter".

------

"The pizza's here"

I groaned in response and shuffled out of bed. I washed my face and put on my Rilakkuma onesie that I had bought on a vacation to Japan.

Walking out into the living room, I was greeted by a warm smell of fresh veggie pizza. Tom was on the couch already, the box on his lap. He twisted his head around and smiled.

"Sit" he tapped the couch space next to himself.

I planted myself firmly next to him and Tom spun the pizza box around so the lid was on my lap. I grabbed a steaming slice of pizza and watched as Tom turned on the tv and scrolled through the channels.

I saw the showing of the newest Harry Potter movie and hummed loudly, the pizza still in my mouth. I was pointing vigorously at the TV screen, trying to capture his attention. Without another word, Tom turned on the movie and I grinned happily. Twenty minutes in and we were already falling asleep. Tom was next to me, his head drooping lazily on my shoulder. I looked at his, now bright Twitch purple, hair and smiled. I couldn't believe that I could actually call him mine and vice versa. I watched as his chest puffed in and out and then I leaned my head against his soft hair, gradually lulling myself to sleep.

It was about three in the morning when I was jolted awake from a loud siren. It was coming somewhere from my ceiling and when my eyes adjusted to the darkness I saw that my smoke detector was blaring and the red light was flashing. Smoke piled in from under the door in the hallway. Jumping up, I found that Tom was not in my apartment. I freaked out, panic and anxiety getting the better of me. I felt tears prick my eyes but I knew I had to stay somewhat collected and get out of the building. I spied my phone on the beside table and made a giant jump for it, grabbing it then running to the door. The smoke had filled up my kitchen by now and I was coughing, my eyes were stinging but there were only two thoughts on my mind.

1. Tom

2. Get out alive

Yes, in that order exactly. I flung the door open, the sound of a screaming child hitting my ears. The door across from me was wide open and so were the other doors in the hallway. I looked right to where Tom's door would be but I couldn't see far into the smoke. I trudged through the musty air only to find Tom's door locked and when I banged on it, no one answered. I felt like I was going to pass out, the smoke had filled my lungs and I couldn't move. My eyes had teared up, and I couldn't see much (if at all). I sunk down against the wall, completely loosing sight, my eyes shutting themselves. I could feel my pulse going at a very rapid pace and my chest heaving but I couldn't move. I felt my breathing slow and my pulse slow and next thing I knew I was out cold.

-------

My surroundings were a white cube. Nothing in there, completely nothing. Except for me that is. I glanced behind, only to be greeted by the exact same scenario. I didn't know where I was and I was scared. This definitely wasn't a burning building. Was I dead?

"Maybe" a voice behind me said. I whipped my head around and stared into the drooping eyes of an elderly man. He stood tall, a scepter in his right hand, his long white beard stopping right in the middle of his torso. He wore lengthy robes, a very distinct color of electric grey. A small smile plastered on his face defined the wrinkles next to his eye sockets and showed that he was a kind individual.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice forming into some sort of a croak.

"That's always the question isn't it" he sighed.

The man moved his hands in the air next to him and that created a small bubble that displayed a scene.

The scene was truly horrifying.