XIX

Rain's POV:

Everything had calmed down in the next couple of days. I stopped my stuff from shipping out to New York, rearranged everything. Got rid of traces of my mother. Life was starting to get back to normal. Tom's still on edge about everything. He seems to think my mother is somehow going to escape prison and come hunt us down. His eyes have been darting to one side of the street to the other whenever we would go on walks. I would often hear him get up during the night and walk to the living room and not come back for hours. It does worry me, of course, but I am firmly assured that nothing horrible is going to happen. The past is in the past and we both have to move on from it, together.

Christmas is coming up in five days and Tom invited me to go to England with him to meet his family and spend Christmas with them. I agreed, I really wanted to meet his parents. Tom bought tickets, arranged pick up and we were schedule to fly out on December 24 early in the morning. We would be there by about midday if everything went according to plan. The flight was long, yes but I was overwhelmed by a feeling of excitement and joy for the upcoming holidays. Christmas had always been one of my favorite holidays to spend with a large group of people. Everybody being loud, getting together and spending quality time near a campfire. Okay, maybe I'm not being completely honest about  the campfire, we never had one. Tom did say that his family's house in England has a fireplace. Close enough, I guess.

"Should I have brought marshmallows?" I turned to Tom. He let out a chuckle.

"Where are your thoughts when we're 30000 feet up in the air?" He asked

"Well, I was thinking that your parents have a fireplace so we could have roasted marshmallows" my face remained completely serious.

"Rain, there's marshmallows in England, I promise" Tom reassured.

I relaxed back into my seat and closed my eyes. The flight would go by faster this way.

I was right, I woke up when we were half an hour away from touching down on the runway of Heathrow airport.

It was 10:30 when we landed and the drive to Tom's house would take about an hour.

"Ready?" Tom asked, we were standing outside the door to his house. I nodded briskly.

Tom opened the door and rushed in, yelling for his parents. I heard pattering down the stairs and a huge black dog came barreling into the room. It glared at me and took Tom down onto the floor, licking his face. I chuckled at the sight of the dog missing a human. Tom seemed overjoyed to be back home. His parents walked into the room and as soon as they noticed me I was hugged to death.

"I can't believe my little Tommy boy got himself a girlfriend!" Mrs. Cassell exclaimed. Mr. Cassell stood to the side, admiring me from head to toe, obviously proud that his son was able to get a girl like me.

"Please come to the table" the father gestured. I followed through, walking closely to Tom.

"Tommy boy, right?" I chuckled, leaning over to Tom when we were seated at the table. He gave me a menacing glare which earned a laugh from me.

The day went by quickly, I met Tom's cousins, his brother, got to know his parents better, helped decorate the tree and make dinner. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time night came.

"Your family is awesome, Tom. You must have had a great childhood" I glanced at him from under the covers. I was cold, not used to the English climate.

"They are, aren't they? I had a loud childhood, to say nicely. There was always people at the house, never a moment alone. It was super fun nevertheless and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now go to sleep Rain" he nudged me and then closed his eyes.

I ended up staring up at the ceiling for twenty minutes and then drifting off to sleep.

Christmas was going to be... Loud?

A/N: sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than most, I wrote this on the plane to Vegas. Hopefully, I was able to upload on Sunday. I'm not sure if my hotel will have wifi. Fingers crossed! Love you guys, bye <3