XV

"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally."
- David Frost

Rain's POV:

I swung my bag around my shoulder and headed to my first panel.

11:45-12:30; Make Your Charity Fundraising Easier, Faster + Safer with Tiltify (Education Workshop)

As an honored guest I got to sit up front with a few Tiltify representers. They first introduced what Tiltify was.

"Basically Tiltify is a live streaming fundraising service that allows a broadcaster to set a goal for a specific date and add rewards and donation levels. For example, we have a broadcaster here who has used our service before and we'll let her talk a little bit about her experience" a man with a British accent said and passed the microphone to me.

I looked at the crows of people sitting on the bean bag chairs or on the floor and waved (receiving a bunch of waves and hellos back).

"Hi, my name is Rain and my in-game-name is RainPlays. I used Tiltify during my 24 hour live stream for the charity Extra Life. I raised over $100,000 and there was a few goals along the way. One of them was for $500 and it was wearing ten jackets for the next hour. Another one was for $50,000 and that was playing a horror game of the chat suggestion. Then there was giveaways every $1000 and when we hit $100,000 I had to dye my hair Twitch purple. We ended up hitting the goal and because of that I have a new emoji called PurpleRain and that explains why I have purple hair now. It was a really useful program to use during my stream and I'm really happy with how it works.

"There are other streamers that use our service, a few of them being Syndicate, the Mindcrack Crew and GiantWaffle" the host announced.

Seeing that the panel took me all the way to 12:30, I had to hurry and get to my meet and greet downstairs. I stopped to talk to some fans on the way but at 12:55 I was standing at my meet and greet place.

1:00-2:30; Meet and Greet (Booth #108 at Broadcaster Alley)

It's always a huge pleasure to meet my fans but this meet and greet was overwhelming. I met a lot of my mods and tons of my subscribers. Even a few of my fellow Twitch streamers found the time to stand in the cue and talk to me. One person who stood out the most to me was a Mod that has been working with me for over a year.

"Hi, what's your name" I said to the next person who came up to me.

"I'm Joey but better known as manndown on Twitch. I've been a mod for you for over a year" he said, a grin plastered on his face.

"Yeah! I totally remember your name!" I said, walking around the counter and giving him a huge hug.

"Thanks for all your help! You're definitely the most active mod and you're present almost every stream. I definitely do appreciate that and I'm so glad to have finally met you!" I said and then we took a picture.

I didn't like that I only got a few minutes with each person. If it was up to me, I would sit and have coffee with every single one and talk to them. I knew how it felt to admire someone and I really wished that I could provide my fans with plenty of time to talk to me. Alas, there are thousands of them and only one of me.

After the meet and greet I headed over to my next event.

3:30-4:30; Get Developers Fired Up About Your Stream (Sandstorm Theatre)

I didn't know most of the people I was on the panel with, except for Swiftor which made me quite nervous. Right when I was thinking about that, I reached the theatre and walked in. The theatre was quiet, only a few people seated in the chairs: all of them on their phones. I tip toed to the panel as two other streamers walked in, laughing loudly. I turned to see that it was Swiftor (who waved to me a pleasant smile on his face) and another grown man.

Soon enough we were all sitting at the panel, looking at the filled room. JohnCarnage, who was the Staff Speaker, introduced us one by one, making sure to ask us each a couple of questions.

Throughout the span of the hour, I talked about my partners and the opportunities I've been offered. I told the story of how I had a close friend who sent a 'few' of his fans over to me and how I worked really hard until I got noticed one day.

"It's a miracle really" I said, "I'm very lucky to be sitting here right now, looking at all of you"

The panel came an went, it was really quick. Time flies when you're having fun.

4:45-6; Minecraft (Intel Gaming Lab)

I was running 45 minutes late to this event because of my last panel but the computer dedicated to me remained empty. I thanked the lady with purple hair who led me to it and unpaused the game. There was a bunch of people that I knew in here like Aureylian, CaptainSparklez, GiantWaffle, Guude, OMGitsfirefoxx, OMGChad, SethBling and InTheLittleWood.

The next segment (which was a UHC with the fans) was about to begin. I dreaded this moment because I am rubbish at UHC's. Nevertheless, select fans were invited to pick a YouTuber of their choice (first come first serve) and sit next to them.

I watched as a crowd of screaming children ran to Jordan and I watched as his eyes got wide from surprise. He ended up playing with a 14-15 year old boy who was wearing his bottle cap shirt.

Erin was playing with a teen girl whose hair was dip dyed pink and she was in cosplay. I counts put my finger on what it was for a while and then I realized that it was Lady Ianite. Hopefully others would get that reference too.

I turned my head and was faced with my partner. Her name was Toni and she was 17 as I found out later. We talked a bunch during the UHC but still ended up as the fourth team. Admittedly, she held up the team.

I thanked her for joining me and took a quick picture, later posting it on Twitter and Instagram with the caption "Best UHC partner ever <3 Thanks for playing with me Toni!"

7:30-8:30; Passion to Paycheck (FrankerZ Theatre)

This last panel for Friday was with Bacon_Donut, Sevadus, GiantWaffle and Tom. I sighed with relief. I wasn't the last one (I was second to last. Tom was late) and I knew everybody on this panel. I felt comfortable as I was shown my seat. I presumed that the empty seat next to me would end up being Tom's.

"Should we start? I know Tom's late" I leaned into the microphone. Right as I said that, as though on cue, Tom burst into the auditorium.

"I heard that!" He yelled, making the viewers burst out in laughter. Tom hopped up on to the stage and settled down into his seat. He gave me a quick smile and then leaned into his microphone.

"How's everybody doing today?" His British voice filled the auditorium. Everybody cheered.

The panel continued for the next hour and consisted of Tom cracking jokes and a genuine good time. We all signed some stuff afterwards and then headed home.

A/N: Sorry I didn't post last week. I was super busy. However, this chapter is longer than usual. So that's good. In other news, my birthday is this Tuesday, November 17 :D