XIV

"What did my fingers do before they held him? What did my heart do, with its love?"
-Sylvia Plath

There's going to be some hidden characters (YouTubers and Streamers) throughout the next few chapters. Comment if you think you know one!

Rain's POV:

I woke up, giddy for the upcoming day. Not only was this the first TwitchCon, but I was a featured guest. I turned and nudged Tom on the shoulder.

"Tom wake up"

He groaned in response and put his pillow over his face.

"Tom" I grabbed the pillow and threw it across the room. He unglued his eyelids and stared at me with cold, tired eyes.

"I don't want to"

"But it'll be fun" I assured. Tom gleaned again and then rolled off the bed and shot up.

"Happy?"

"Get dressed" I chuckled. I got ready in about fifteen minutes and had to patiently wait at the door while tom gathered all his camera equipment. As for me, I made sure everything was charged and ready to go last night.

"Ready? Finally" I sighed playfully when I saw Tom emerge from behind a corner. He rolled his eyes at me but grabbed my hand and we walked to the elevator.

"So what are you up to today?" He said, taking out his own phone and checking his schedule. I did the same and read it out loud.

"At 11:30 I have a charity panel at the education workshop, at 1 I have a meet and greet at booth #108. Then at 3:30 I have a panel about developers in our stream in the sandstorm theatre. Then at 4 I have Minecraft in the Intel gaming lab and finally at 7:30 I have the passion to paycheck panel in the FrankerZ theatre. My schedule is pretty busy. You? " I finished.

"Let's see. I have H1Z1 in the Intel gaming lab from 10 to 11:30. Then I have a your brand on twitch panel at 12 in FrankerZ theatre. Meet and greet at booth #100 from 1 to 3 and then an adding the perfect games to your channel panel at 4:30 in the FrankerZ theatre. My next panel is building communities on twitch at 6 in FrankerZ theatre. And the last one is with you, the passion to paycheck thing" Tom read off his schedule.

"So basically we're both insanely busy today" I sighed.

"Basically"

The elevator doors opened and we stepped out into the lobby. It was buzzing with a few people, nothing overwhelming. We knew that the Moscone Center was only a few blocks away so we decided to walk. The weather in San Francisco was surprisingly nice and sunny. The city never fails to amaze me whenever I'm here, there's always something new about it.

We reached the center in no time and walked through the doors designated for the broadcasters. Both Tom and I were wearing hoods because the staff told us to keep moving swiftly and briskly. Some red haired woman ushered us inside with hushed words.

"Welcome to TwitchCon!" She said and disappear back through the doors.

"Rain" I heard a voice behind me so I whipped my head around only to see a woman running to me. Her long light brown hair with blond highlights was falling up and down with her and I could see her boyfriend, Brennon, lazily walking behind her. She reached me just in time when I opened my arms and she almost toppled me to the ground.

"Hi!" She ruffled my hair and squeezed even tighter.

"How are you?" I asked, a smile on my face.

Brennon gave me a brief hug and then started talking to Tom.

"Life's been great. Brennon and I got a dog and we moved to an actual house. It's been pretty awesome. How's life with Tom?" She grinned.

"It's awesome. He's a really entertaining person to be around. Gamers who play together stay together" I shrugged my shoulders and the cheese joke, sending my friend into a giggle fit.

"Goldy we have to go prepare for the meet and greet" she yelled to her boyfriend and he gave her a thumbs up. She hugged me again and they disappeared out of sight.

"Okay I'm going up to the second floor. You?" I asked, pointing to the map.

"Same. I'm in the Intel gaming lab" he took my hand and led me to the escalator.

Once we were on the second floor we had to split up. Tom needed to get ready for his H1Z1 game and I had some time to kill before I had to go and get set up too. I have a quick goodbye kiss to Tom and he ran off in the opposite direction.

I walked back downstairs and into the Expo Hall. The multicolored lights weren't on yet and you could still see people setting up the meet and greet signs. I walked to the back, weaving through all the game booths and reached the merchandise booth. Some worker was laying out the twitch hoodies.

"Hey is it possible to buy something right now before all the lines get here? I have panels all day" I tapped the worker. She twirled around, a bright smile on her face.

"Of course! What would you like?" She made a motion with her hands to showcase all the merchandise.

"Can I see the hoodie and the black shirt?"

She handed me the two and I looked them over, picking my size.

"How much?" I asked.

"$45 and $30"

I gave her $75 in cash and she packed everything into a bag and handed it to me.

Hidden characters:
Red haired woman who led them inside was Aureylian (Erin)
The woman who ran up to Rain was 2mgovercsquared (Ally)

Also, I know they're not together anymore but just pretend they are.