XXIII

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when theres footsteps on the moon"
-Anonymous

A/N: Today marks exactly one year since the beginning of Mianite Season 2 :D. I've created this chapter to celebrate it.

Rain's POV:

I woke up, smoke filling my lungs and nose. Coughing, I scrambled up. My vision was filled with grey, thick smoke. Breathing was extremely hard. What's that? Voices? A woman? A calm female voice was speaking to me from only a hand-reach away. I stuck my head forward, only to have it plunge into what felt like hair. Gasping, I pulled back, afraid of who or what it was.

"It's okay. I'm going to get you out of here" the woman said, gracefully taking my arm and leading me slowly away from the smoke. I shut my eyes, feeling awkwardly safe from the woman's touch.

When I opened them next, I was a couple flights down the stairs, Tom was nowhere to be seen and the woman.. Well, she was there. A lady of about 5'7" stood in front of me. Her delicate purple hair cascaded down her shoulders into soft, loose curls. She wore a Mona Lisa smile with calm, bewitching eyes. It struck me as interesting that her eyes were a faded lilac color, nothing I have ever seen before.

"Thank you" I finally spoke. She just nodded her head in response, her smile widening a little bit. She followed up by lightly turning on her heels (almost like she was levitating) and briskly walking down the stairs.

Honestly, I was a little dumbfounded. She was... different, but a good different. I shook my head, trying to get the purple haired lady off my mind. She reminded me of someone, may it be a real person or a character... I don't think I'll ever know.

AN ENTRY FROM THE DIARY OF A WOUNDED GODDESS

Going down onto this thing they call earth. It takes quite a lot of power, especially being a half mythical creature. I've had many encounters with mortals before, mortals that know of me. They've just given me weird looks, shook their heads and walked away. Recruiting an acolyte takes not only a lot of work, but a lot of determination from both sides. How do you do it if the other side doesn't even know you exist? How do you explain to someone that a Goddess they created in a game actually came to life? I did't expect anyone to understand but I did hope that Sparklez (Jordan, if you prefer to call him that) would get a hint. I can't zap myself into his house and tell him the truth. That would not only mess with the space time continuum but I am not strong enough to do so.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Rain, Tom's girlfriend, recognize me as someone she's seen before. She had a better reaction then the rest of the Heroes. I've had a gravitational pull towards her, ever since she came into Tom's life. I don't know what it is about her but I do suspect that she will play a very major role in the somewhat near future.

Being a wounded Goddess with no help from anyone isn't easy. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect it to be but I did think that my acolytes would be my support sooner than later. It's taking me a while.

Earth. A planet and a world that is taking me so long to adjust to. People. Different. Races. Religions. Interests. It's all such a new concept to me. I of course had those in my world but not in such diverse number as down here. Being an immortal that now walks along mortals feels almost wrong. It feels to me like I become mortal when I am around the others. There has not been a day in the past year that I have not learned something new or tried something different than what I am used to. My main goal in sight is, of course, to get to all the Heroes. Seeing to the fact that I don't have support from my brothers right now, I am weaker and have to retire back to my land at least once a day. You may wonder where 'my land' is. Where did Sparklez watch me disappear to? Even if I wanted to answer this question, I couldn't. All I know, is that I walk the streets of Dagrun and Urulu while I recharge. That is 'my land'. Perhaps, it is the places that made me a Goddess. Perhaps, it is the places that made me fall in love with being a Goddess. Perhaps, it is the places which hold a lot of meaning to me. Perhaps, it is the places that house my dearest friends and relatives. Perhaps, these are places where I went to be alone. Even though, the streets are empty and you can hear your own heartbeat, they are welcoming. Welcoming and quiet. There is no disaster. No holes in the ground, no giant opening in the sky, no volcanoes rudely protruding from the ground. There is no decease, no famine or flooding. It's almost like a perfect world. A Utopia of sorts. A Utopia that I know doesn't exist. So am I dreaming then? Is this a dream world that I have created for my own purposes of 'recharging'? Is this the world that I wish I was living in? Perhaps, this is the World that another me lives in.

I get this feeling sometimes that I am not me. That there is another me somewhere. Somewhere, I am writing a note for Spark, telling him that I am going out to pick some berries. Somewhere, I am writing a note for Sparklez, telling him that "a man named Jordan Maron created the goddess Ianite in a world beyond worlds. And Jordan Maron looks just like you. He is one of your countless alternate selves". Somewhere, I am subconsciously destroying the town that I love, with taint. Somewhere, I am dying. Somewhere, I am being born. Somewhere, can be here. Somewhere, can be thousands of eons away. I'll never know, and I'm not even sure I want to find out. There is only so much a Goddess can grasp. Imagine how hard it must be for a mortal.

I will continue being in the lives of my Acolytes and maybe someday, I'll come into your life too.

-The Wounded Goddess Ianite (Written on an Ender Coated Paper).