Chapter 5

I hate funerals. They are so depressing and gives for real no closure and for this funeral to be for my father made it even worse because he was fucking evil.

"Kurt honey, the limo's here to take us to the funeral home," I said, fixing my bow tie.

He came out the bathroom in a suit that I picked out (he wanted to wear a damn purple plaid suit). "You look amazing babe," he breathed into my neck.

"Thanks, let's go. Burt, Finn, and Carol are going to meet us there," I said grabbing his hand.

"Are you sure it won't be awkward that I'll be there with you?" he asked as we walked down the steps.

I stopped on the step below Kurt and turned to look up at him. "I don't care what my family has to say about us," I said, moving a piece of hair out of his face.

"I don't want any more trouble or to get shot again," he said, grabbing my hand.

"I'll protect you, I can fight remember," I smiled.

"Look where that got us," he laughed. He leaned down and gave me a kiss.

"Okay, come on we can't be late," I said pulling him down the remainder of the steps.

We got our own limo, because I refused to share a limo with Kurt, my mom, and Cooper. I didn't want to here their mouth's even though they were more supportive of my sexual orientation.

The limo ride was uneventful. No I take that back, I wanted it to be uneventful, but it certainly was far from it. Nothing drastic happened, due to the fact that I was recovering from a broken back.

"Don't break me," I whispered against Kurt's lips.

"I wouldn't dare," he whispered back, kissing me passionately.

We were hot and heavy, doing bad things to each other and then we finally pulled up to the funeral home. We quickly fixed ourselves and got out the limo, hand in hand.

"Here goes nothing," I said as we walked inside.

My heart broke when I saw the casket with my father laying inside of it. "I think I'm going to be sick," I said out loud and ran outside.

"Blaine stop!" Kurt shouted after me.

He reached me and stood in front of me and I was crying uncontrollably.

He pulled me into a hug, careful of where he placed his arms because of my back, but it was a tender and loving hug. I placed my arms on his waist and my head on his shoulder and cried like a baby. I felt broken.

"I'm here," Kurt whispered.

"I know baby, I know," I whispered back.

He kissed my cheek, allowing his lips to linger there.

"You are going to be so pissed," I said, pulling back after a while.

"I would never be pissed at you right now," he smiled, wiping tears from my face.

I laughed and pointed to the should I was just crying on. There was a mass of tears, drool, and snot on it. He turned and looked at it and his jaw dropped and his eyes got wide.

"Blaine!" he shouted.

"I told you," I laughed, trying to wipe it off with my hand.

"Restroom now!" he shouted, forcefully pulling me towards the restroom. "Wet paper towel!" He was pissed and it was so adorable.

I did as he said and wiped his shoulder off with a wet paper towel and then a dry one and it look good as new.

"Bam it's fixed," I smiled.

He gave me his famous look that told me this was far from over.

"Okay, I think Blaine Anderson has something to say about his father," the preacher said.

I looked at Kurt and he nodded towards me.

"Good morning. Despite everything I love my father with all my heart. No matter what him and I went through he was still my father. Um, he taught me about cars and football. Those were our best moments. We built a car together and we would watch the game together. People always asked me why our relationship was so strained and I would never tell them. It wasn't their business and frankly, they couldn't fix it.

"I'm going to miss my father, although he landed me in the hospital a few times since I was in the eighth grade, and recently last week. I love you Daddy, rest in piece," I had broken down before I even started speaking but I pulled myself together and got through it. Everything I said was true and not at all a lie or close to a lie.

"Kurt, let's do this," I smiled holding my hand out for my boyfriend to join me. He smiled and gladly joined me along with Tina, Quinn, Finn, Rachel, Nick and Jeff.

The intro to One Sweet Day began to play and the tears streamed.

"Sorry, I never told you all I wanted to say. And now it's too late to hold you cause you've flown away, so far away." I sang the first verse and then Kurt's voice sprang out sounding wonderful.

"Never had I imagined living without your smile. Feeling and knowing you hear me, it keeps me alive, alive," he was squeezing my hand.

"And I know you're shining down on me from heaven, like so many friends we've lost along the way and I know eventually we'll be together. One sweet day."

At the cemetary they asked me to sing again.

Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then
Spin me around ‘til I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him
I’d play a song that would never, ever end
How I’d love, love, love
To dance with my father again
When I and my mother would disagree
To get my way, I would run from her to him
He’d make me laugh just to comfort me
Then finally make me do just what my mama said
Later that night when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me
If I could steal one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him
I’d play a song that would never, ever end
‘Cause I’d love, love, love
To dance with my father again
Sometimes I’d listen outside her door
And I’d hear how my mother cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I know I’m praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don’t do it usually
But dear Lord she’s dying
To dance with my father again
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

Then it was done. He was gone forever.