Chapter 43

Regionals are in two days and I still have to buy the things for my proposal without Kurt knowing about it. He is so noisy, it's ridiculous. Ooh, maybe I can take the things to Burt's house. No I can hide them on my side of the bathroom, where he never looks. That should be a good idea.

I guess I'll go when he goes to work today. Yeah, that'll work. I better pay attention to the librarian, she talking about our papers.

"Mr. Anderson?" Mrs. Edwards said.

"Yes?" I said, looking up at her.

She looks like a pug with glasses and clown make up. Its not a good sight, she actually gives you a headache if you stare at her for too long.

"What is the topic of your paper?"

I looked at Kurt and smiled. "Gay rights in civil rights."

"Leave it to the gay kid to write a paper on being gay," Nathan, a random as student said with a sneer.

"Excuse me? What does my sexual orientation have to do with me writing a paper on equal rights for everybody in this country?" I was pissed.

Kurt had placed his hand on my knee as to tell me to calm down. It kind of work, just his touch makes me want to obey his every command (don't tell him I said that).

"I'm just saying, you're gay so you gone do a paper about gay stuff."

"That's so homophobic and I hate a homophobic person. No, I hate an ignorant person and you Nathan are a very ignorant person. But its cool, just because I'm gay don't mean a damn thing because I can still kick your ass. And at the end of the day I am more man than you will ever dream of being." And with that I grabbed my things and I left. I was not about to continue to argue with an ignorant person. that would just make me look just as ignorant as him, so I'll just leave.

I knew Kurt would follow after me, but I didn't want to 'look' like I knew he was coming. I walked out the library and went to the quad and sure enough, Kurt was following me.

"Blaine wait!"

I turned and looked at him, he was gorgeous in this winter air.

"What Kurt, I removed myself from the situation before my mouth got me in trouble," I sighed.

I was happy he followed me, but I honestly didn't want to talk about it. We could talk about it tonight over dinner (that I have to make since he has to work).

"I know and I'm very proud of you. But what kind of boyfriend would I be if I just let you storm out of class by yourself? I had to come check on you sweetie," he said, walking over to me.

He gave me a big hug and it felt like time had just stopped. Nothing else in the world mattered in that moment except Kurt and I.

"Thank you for following me out, I kind of knew you would because I would have did the same if you would have stormed out. And if you wouldn't have followed me, you would be the worse boyfriend ever," I said, a small smile on my face.

"Well, that's not something I want to be ever to you," he said kissing my cheek.

"I know, you love me too much," I smiled at that touch.

"Come on, it's time for lunch and I'm taking you out," he smiled, pulling me up the steps towards the student parking lot.

As seniors we are allowed off campus for lunch and we always take advantage of that. School lunch is not where its at, so we always end up going out to eat. I didn't complain because it was like a mini lunch date we get to have whenever we wanted instead of just waiting for the weekend. It was something we both looked forward to during the school day.

***********

Okay, I just dropped Kurt off at work so now I have, um six and a half hours to go shopping. The first stop is the jewelry store to get a ring. I don't care how much a ring will cost, Kurt is worth the best of the best.

I arrived at the jewelry store and my heart began racing as I walked inside and came to the realization that I was about to buy a ring for the love of my life.

"How may I help you sir?" the sales clerk asked as I walked over to the engagement ring counter.

"Yes, I want to purchase an engagement for my boyfriend," I said, a huge smile spreading across my face.

Her eyes got wide, but then they sweetened up. "What does he like?"

"The best of everything. He's very high fashion," I said. Just thinking about Kurt gives me goose bumps.

"He sounds like a very expensive young man," she laughed.

"He is, but he is worth every penny that I spend on him," I laughed too.

"Well let's see what we have here. We have this ring here and it's $3,000," she said handing me a gorgeous silver ring with a big diamond in the middle with diamond chips on the side.

"Oh my God, this is absolutely gorgeous," I gasped. Kurt would love this ring. It totally screams Kurt Elizabeth Hummel.

"Son, breathe," she told me, touching my shoulder ever so slightly.

I let out a huge breath and tears began falling down my face. I can't believe I'm doing this.

"He is going to love this," I finally said.

"Okay, do you want to pay now or come back later?" she asked, handing me a tissue.

"Um, thank you. Now," I said, reaching into my pocket to pull out my wallet. I handed her my Lima Bean Employee credit card and swiped it. I have been saving every paycheck ever since I got the job for a moment like this.

"Would you like change back?" she asked.

"Um, no, no thank you," I smiled.

Okay, Blaine calm down. I took a few deep breaths and slowed my heart rate so I could sign the receipt and take the ring.

"Thank you so much," I smiled at the lady as I left.

"Your welcome. Good luck, that young man is lucky to have you," she said. That made me smile.

Okay, now that the ring is out of the way, I have to get the smaller things. I needed rose petals, candles, post-its, a vase, a bouquet, and a box of tissues.

I guess I'll start my shopping trip at Wally World. I got in the Navigator, slipping the ring in the front pocket of my messenger bag and drove towards Kurt's favorite store. I knew I would have to order the flowers to day and pick them up Saturday before we go on our double date, but that's not a big deal.

It's really official now, I Blaine Devon Anderson, will be asking the man of my dreams, Kurt Elizabeth Hummel, to marry me!