Chapter 21

The rest of the trip was very awkward. Kurt refused to step foot out of the hotel room, so we spent the rest of the week in the room. He was so upset that nothing I did could cheer him up.

"Babe, let's go for a swim," I suggested.

"No," he said.

"You need to get out of this bed. You have bed hair and your skin is looking a little dry," I sighed, pulling the cover off of him.

"Blaine, I'm fine like this."

"No Kurt you're not. You look straight."

"But I'm not."

"I can't tell. I'm going to sit by the pool, if you decide to come down there," I sighed giving up.

"I'll think about it."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I leaned over on the bed and gave him a kiss, he kissed me back and it was sweet, but it still wasn't my boyfriend.

"You look really sexy in those trunks by the way," he whispered against my lips.

"Thanks," I smiled, standing up.

"I'll be down in a minute, I promise," he smiled.

"I'm holding you to that."

"I want you to hold me to something else."

"You have ten minutes to get your butt down to the pool and if you're not I'm coming back up here and I will drag you by hair down to the pool," I smiled.

"I hear you," he forced a smile on his face.

I gave him a smile and then I was out the door and on the elevator headed towards the pool area. I was highly confused as to why Kurt was so upset that Burt made him get a job. Burt just wants him to learn some responsibility. Ooh, when I get back I'm going to apply so I can work with him and show him that having a job isn't as bad as he is making it out to seem.

I got to the pool and there wasn't anybody down there. I walked to a lawn chair that was in the far corner and plopped down, putting my headphones in my ears and pressed play on my playlist. Teenage Dream came on, blasting in my ears just like I like it. I was consumed by the music and allowed my mind to go back to when this song first had true meaning.

{(*)}

I was walking down the hall towards the Warbler's lounge when I bumped into the most beautiful boy.

"Hi I'm Blaine."

"Kurt."

Love at first sight.

"What's going on right now?"

"The Warblers. They're kind of a big deal."

"The glee club is popular here?"

"Yeah. Come on, I know a short cut."

I grabbed his hand and ran down the hall towards where the Warblers where.

His eyes lit up once we reached the room. I tossed my bag on the floor near his feet and stood in front of the Warblers and began singing 'Teenage Dream.' The first line that came out was directed towards Kurt and I think he knew that.

********

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Taste these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life you were only waiting for this moment to arise. Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these sucken eyes and ;earn to see. All your life you were only waiting for this moment to be free. Blackbird fly, blackbird fly into the light of the dark black night." Kurt sung this song for Pavoriti and it gave me a whole new outlook on him and I.

I had been so stupid to not notice how much he likes me and has been flirting with me. If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I have extremely strong feelings for Kurt, and they have been conformed by that song.

"Warbler Blaine why have you called this emergency meeting?" Wes asked.

"Because it is time that we stop showcasing just my voice. I think for Regionals we should do a duet." I said standing and fixing my blazer.

"What? Why?"

"Pavoriti's voice was silenced by death, I don't want any other voices silenced in this group."

An out roar erupted in the room.

"Sign me up for the auditions then," Kurt said raising his hand.

"No, no auditions. I want Kurt to do the duet with me," I smiled looking at him. A confused look came upon Kurt's face.

"No, Blaine, there are so many great voices in this group. You should choose somebody else," he said looking around the room.

"All in favor for Kurt singing a duet with me?" I asked raising my hand. Every hand went up except Kurt's.

"That's settled. Kurt will be singing a duet with Blaine for Regionals." End of meeting.

Kurt still looked confused but I didn't press it at the moment, I had class and I had to really think about what I wanted to say to Kurt. It has been too long that I've been pushing aside my feelings for him and I was ready to be his boyfriend, I just hoped that he still felt the same way.

After class I found Kurt in the Warbler lounge, doing something.

"Hey Kurt what are you doing?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"Decorating Pavoriti's casket," he smiled looking up at me.

"Blaine can I ask you something?" Kurt asked, putting down what he had in his hands.

"Yeah, anything," I said.

"Why'd you pick me to sing that duet with? I mean there are so many great voices in the Warblers?" he began to ramble and it was so adorable. I just wanted to reach over and kiss him right then and there.

"Kurt, there comes a time in your life when you say to yourself 'oh there you are, I've been looking for you forever.' That moment came for me this week about you. Seeing you sing Blackbird. You move me Kurt. Doing this duet, gives me an excuse to spend more time with you." I said, looking into his eyes.

The moment overtook me and I leaned up and kissed Kurt much to his surprise. He didn't pull back, thank God. He put his hand on my face and pulled me in closer to him. I pulled back after a few seconds, which felt like minutes or even hours, and buried my head in my hands.

I heard him take a deep breath as his hand fell to the table. He grabbed my head gently and pulled it to his and kissed me again. This time it wasn't a surprise but something that we both wanted and didn't want to stop.

{(*)}

Teenage Dream stopped playing and my eyes flew open as if on cue. I looked around and there was a group of girls staring at me.

"Um, hello," I said, taking my earphones out of my ears.

"Hi, I'm Mary," one of the girls said stepping towards me.

"I'm Blaine," I smiled, being a polite gentleman. The kind of man, my mom taught me to be and the kind of man Kurt loved seeing me be.

"I love your name," Mary smiled.

"Thank you," she was really close to me.

"Me and my girls were wondering if you would like to play Marco Polo with us," she said looking back over her shoulder.

"Um," I looked down at my phone and I was surprised. The clock said 1:59 and I came down here at 12. "Let me get back to you on that, I have to find my boyfriend," I said, gathering my things.

"Boyfriend?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I have a boyfriend, I'm gay," I said looking at her.

"Oh, that's fine with us! Go get him and we can play!" one of her friends said behind her.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I smiled and ran out the pool area.

I knew it wasn't fine, but I could care less. Kurt was not down here and I wanted to know why.