Chapter 41

I think I want to ask Kurt to marry me. No, I know I want to ask Kurt to marry me. First things first, I have to tell Burt and Carole. I just hope they don't think I'm moving to fast. I'll go over there when I get off work today.
Right now I need to listen in on class.

"It is time for us to prepare for our end of the year paper. You will be able to pick your own topic just make sure that it is family-friendly," Mrs. Lewis said.

This is perfect! Since I'm thinking about marrying the man of my dreams, so it's perfect that I do my paper on gay marriage, or marriage rights.

"The paper has to be at least fifteen pages long. It will be due May twentieth by 3:45. Remember you must have this done so you can graduate on June first," she said with a huge smile on her face.

She was passing out binders with instructions and different outlines and pre-writing papers in them. I can't wait to get home and start writing.

"You will be going to the library in groups twice a week until the paper is done, starting tomorrow. Group A will be last names A through J and Group B will be K through Z."

Kurt and I are in the same group! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Kurt sometimes has the ability to make me lose focus on certain things, especially when it comes to homework.

I looked over at Kurt's seat on the other side of the room and smiled at me. Oh, there goes my train of thought.

Me: This is going to be awesome!

Babe <3: Ik, I can't wait to get started! What's your topic?

Me: Marriage equality rights, you?

Babe <3: Either Broadway or gay rights. I might do Broadway since you're doing marriage equality rights

I looked over at Kurt and he was laughing. I put my phone in my pocket and tried to turn my attention back to her, but it was so hard because Kurt was on my mind heavy.

***********

Time for work!!! Not really. The Lima Bean is a cool place to work if you have great patients, which is something I don't have a lot of. Like when I first started this lady ordered a low-fat mocha latte with skim milk and piping hot steam made with low-fat milk. Then she ordered a low-fat vanilla cappuccino made with soy vanilla (whatever the hell that is) with skim milk on ice. I was so pissed, like what the hell is soy vanilla.

I walked in the Lima Bean, checked in, grabbed my green apron from my locker where I stored my cardigan and messenger bag, and got behind the counter and prepared for the after school rush.

My first customers of the day happened to be Bassy and Dave.

"Hey Bassy, Dave," I greeted them when they got to the counter.

"Don't call me that!" Sebastian said between his teeth.

"I will call you whatever I want Bassy," I laughed. "I can still have you arrested, remember that."

"Give me my coffee Blaine," he said, He was pissed and it was funny as hell.

"What do you want?"

"I want a mocha latte and Dave will have a caramel latte," he smiled.

"What size?"

"Grande."

"That'll be $10.50."

He handed me the money with a look that I can't describe. I wanted to tell him about my plans but I don't think Kurt will be happy to know that Sebastian and Dave were the first to know about the proposal.

"Here's your change. Oh, the double date is a go for after Regionals," I said, handing him his change.

"Okay, it's going to be awesome. Do you guys even play golf?"

"Nope, but we can if we try. Kurtsie and I are very talented," I smiled, making their coffees.

"In what ways besides singing and in the bedroom?" Dave asked. His voice was dead serious.

I turned and looked at him with my eyebrow raised. "Excuse me?"

"I heard you guys one night," he smiled.

"Oh. My. God! Kurt is going to kill you," I said. My cheeks were burning red. When was he home when...? Why was he home.....? Oh my goodness. "Here you go."

"Don't be like that Blainey-Boy!"

"Bassy, shut it. I have other customers." I said harshly.

I can't believe this. First Burt knows and now Dave? This is so, so, so bad. I have to tell Kurt now.

Me: OMG, so Dave has heard us having sex!!!!

I put my phone back in my apron pocket and began taking more orders. People are so weird when it comes to ordering coffee. We have this coffee drink with brown sugar, cinnamon, caramel and chocolate in it. It's actually good, but its just a weird coffee drink.

'Bzz, bzz.'

Babe <3: WHAT??!! How did he? When did he? How do you know?

I felt his anger through the text message.

Me: Babe, I have no clue when or how, but he just told me. He came in the shop and said it in front of Bassy.

Maybe I shouldn't have told him Sebastian knows as well. It's not like they don't, I have an excellent idea to get them back.

 Me: I have an idea to get them back. We'll talk more when I get home

********

After my shift I drove over to Burt's, hoping he and Carole were both home. And they were, along with Finn.

"What brings you by?" Burt asked, when we sat down in the living room.

"Well, as you all know Kurt and I have been through a whole lot over this passed year. Burt, I love Kurt with every fiber of my being and I was wondering if you would give me permission to ask him to marry me?"