Chapter 23

Burt had left the hospital to go back to the hotel to call the police to report the incident, which just left me there by Kurt's side. I cried myself to sleep five minutes after Burt left. I was still holding Kurt's hand as I sunk into the world of nothingness, that was sleep.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Kurt Hummel's room," I heard the familiar husky voice that was Finn.

"He's in room 326, just down the hall," a lady said.

"Okay, thank you," Finn said, and then I heard rapid footsteps coming towards us.

I opened my eyes and looked at a still unconscious Kurt, my eyes began to well up and sting all over again.

"Blaine, Blaine? What happened?" Finn asked, running into the room.

I turned around and saw Finn standing there with Rachel behind him.

"Um, I wanted to chill by the pool, Kurt didn't." *sniff.* "I told him to meet me down there in 10 and he said ok." *sniff.* "I got to the pool at like 12, but I fell asleep listening to our playlist," *sniff, sniff.* "on my phone and when I woke up it was 1:59 and Kurt wasn't there." *sniff.* "I had a feeling something was wrong, so I rushed to get to the room," *sniff.* "When I got to our floor, I heard screaming, so I ran to the room." *sniff.* "When I got in there the room it was a mess and," *sniff, sobs.* "I heard Kurt yell my name. When I found him he was sprawled on the floor covered in blood and Dave Karofsky was standing over him. Every logical thought left my mind at that moment and I attacked Karofsky and beat his ass knocking him unconscious, I kicked him a few times.

"When I stopped, I picked up Kurt and came here. I feel like the worlds worse boyfriend.' *complete break-down* "I should have stayed with him. He was upset and all he wanted to do was lay in bed and do nothing. But I was selfish and wanted to do something he didn't want to do. God, why didn't I stay?" I was so, there are no words to describe how I felt at that moment.

"Blaine, he was on his way to meet you. He texted me and asked did I want to go with him, but I said no. He was coming to meet you," Rachel said, coming over to hug me.

"Was he really?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Yes sweetie. He was actually kind of excited about going to the pool with you," she smiled.

"Thanks Rach," I smiled at her.

"Yeah, don't beat yourself up. I shouldn't have posted where we were on Facebook," Finn said, looking down.

"No, you should be allowed to post whatever you want without that worry. This was going to happen sooner or later, Karofsky is out for blood because of me," I said, letting my tears hit my chest.

"What? Why?" Finn asked.

"Me and him kind of got into a fight because he called Kurt a name and has been bullying him for the longest and I was done so I kicked his ass," I said.

"Oh," they said together.

"Oh my God, my heart hurts so bad right now," I began crying again.

"I know, I know," Rachel said, rubbing my shoulder.

"Bl-bla-Blaine?" Kurt whispered.

I jumped out the chair, knocking Rachel down and rushed to his side.

"Baby, I'm right here," I said, kissing his forehead.

He reached up and rubbed the side of my face and then guided it to his lips and kissed me. I wanted to resist because of his busted lips and broken jaw, but I couldn't help but kiss him back softly.

"I love you so much," I whispered against his lips.

"I love you so much too babe," he smiled.

"We'll come back," Finn said.

I waved to them but never tearing my gaze from Kurt. He looked so broken and weak.

He patted the left side of the bed for me, and I gently slid under him, letting his left leg dangle off my legs. I gently wrapped my arms around him and held him close to me.

"I'm never letting you go again," I whispered against the crook of his neck.

"I don't ever want you to," he whispered back.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there," I began crying again.

He slowly rolled over so he could look me in the eyes. He wiped the tears off my face and smiled. "It's not your fault, I promise. He came out of nowhere, I got a few blows in before he I got in this state. I heard you come in and save the day," he smiled.

"I feel like its my fault, like I should have stayed with you in the room or stayed with you until you came down with me," I sighed.

"It's okay babe," he smiled, kissing my forehead.

"I love you Kurt," I smiled.

"I love you too Blaine," he smiled back.

I gave him a small kiss. He rolled back over and snuggled his head into my chest. I grabbed his hands and softly intertwined out fingers.

"Rest my sweet Prince." I said kissing the top of his head.

I turned my head towards the TV and America's Next Top Model was still on. We fell asleep soon holding each other. I made sure, that when he moved, I loosened my arms so I wouldn't hurt him.

I can't believe I was holding the love of my life in a hospital bed. This was not going to be a good school year because Dave Karofsky was going to make our lives at McKinley hell. I was prepared to take him on, but I hate the fact that Kurt has to get hurt because of me.