Chapter 6

Your POV:

It had been two days since Malfoy called Hermione and I mudbloods and Harry and Ron had detention for the flying car incident. Ron had to go with our caretaker, Filch, to clean trophies and Harry had to answer fan mail with Lockhart. 

Hermione and I went to eat dinner alone since the boys weren't back from detention.

"I feel so sorry for Harry." I said, "The poor thing has to spend time with Lockhar- OW! Mione!" Hermione had slapped my arm.

"It serves you right!" Hermione said, "Lockhart is a brilliant man! I would do anything to be where Harry is right now." 

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say." 

***

Ron had finally came back from detention half way through dinner. We thought it was best to go looking for Harry, too, since he should've been back already. We were patrolling the halls for about five minutes before we found Harry.

"Harry!" Hermione sighed with relief.

"Did you hear that?" Harry asked.

"Hear what." said a confused Ron.

"That voice." Harry said, afraid.

"Voice?" I asked, "What voice?"

Harry listened for a moment before saying, "I think it's going to kill." and running off.

"Great idea, Harry!" I shouted as Ron, Hermione, and I ran after him, "Go towards the voice only you can hear that wants to kill some one!"

"Harry, slow down!" Hermione said.

When we finally caught up to Harry he was staring at a wall with fear in his eyes. I looked to the wall and realized why he was so scared. There was a message on the wall.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened..." I read, "enemies of the Heir beware."

"It's written in blood." Hermione investigated.

I looked around the hall and found something even scarier then the writing. Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, was dangling by the tail on one of the torches in the hall. Harry went forward to study the cat.

On a worse note, students started coming in after the dinner. Malfoy among them. He stood next to me (which made me very uncomfortable) and read the writing.

"Enemies of the Heir beware?" He smirked. Here it comes, "you'll be next mudblo-" He stopped in mid-sentence. And being as curious as I was, I turned to look at him. He was looking at me, his eyes seemed to be showing a small amount of fear. I shook it off and turned to look at Harry.

"What's all this about?" Oh no. Filch was making his way to the scene of the crime. What's he going to when he finds Mrs. Norris?!? "What's the meani- Mrs. Norris?" Filch turned to Harry, "You. You murdered my cat! I'll kill you!"

"He never touched your cat!" I snapped.

"What's the meaning if this?" Dumbledore and the rest of the teachers were slowly coming in. When they saw the cat, even they showed hints of fear. "Everyone back to your common rooms...except you four." Dumbledore pointed to Hermione, Rom, Harry, and me. I took one last glance at Malfoy before walking up to Dumbledore.

Thousands of things were rushing through my head. Why did Malfoy stop himself from saying mudblood when he saw me? Why was he looking at me with fear? Why he even decide to stand next to me? Why am I asked all these bloody questions about Malfoy?!? I think I'm losing my mind.

"Y/n!" I heard Hermione shout.

"Yes?"

"We have to get back to the common room."

"Oh." Great! Now I have no idea what Dumbledore was saying to us because I was too busy asking myself stupid questions about Malfoy! What's happening to me?