Chapter 24

First Quidditch game of the season! It was supposed to be Gryffindor vs. Slytherin, but Slytherin made a last minute cancellation because of the state of Draco's arm. Instead, the match will be Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff.

Ron and Hermione are on slightly better terms now. They decided to sit with Luna and I to cheer on Harry.

"Looks like rain." Ron commented, sitting down.

"Do you think Harry'll be alright?" Hermione asked.

"Depends." I said

"Look at that beautiful dog." Luna suddenly said, pointing towards a black mutt.

The dog quickly ran away and Ron said, "I don't see a dog."

"Me neither." Hermione said.

"Don't listen to them, Luna." I whispered, "Ron's got the nargles in him since birth. I think that they're rubbing off on Hermione."

Luna simple nodded.

"Here they come!" Ron shouted, pointing towards the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor players.

The game was rather boring until the snitch was spotted. It was pouring and thunder rumbled as Harry and the Hufflepuff seeker, Cedric Diggory, whirled into the clouds.

"C'mon, Harry." I whispered.

"Does it feel colder to you?" Ron asked.

"Oh. My. HARRY!" I screamed.

Harry was falling from the sky while a swarm of demetors watched from above. Dumbledore stood us and said a quick spell without a wand. Harry slowed down and hit the ground with a thud. Dumbledore then made a silvery object emerge from his wand, causing the demetors to fly away.

"Look," Luna pointed, "Diggory caught the snitch."

I looked up to see Cedric clutching the golden ball, but looking surprised.

"Come on," I said, standing up, "We've got to see if Harry's okay."

***

"Lucky the ground was so soft."

"I thought he was dead for sure."

"But he didn't even break his glasses."

"That was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life."

"I think he's coming around."

Harry's eyes shot open.

"Harry!" Fred said, "How are you feeling?"

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"You fell." I simply said, "Fifty feet almost."

"What about the match?" Harry asked, "Are they doing a replay?"

"Well...um..." I gulped.

"We didn't lose, did we?" Harry said.

"Diggory caught the snitch." Fred explained, "He didn't know you'd fallen. He tried to call off the match, but he won fair and square, even Wood agrees."

"Where is Wood?" Harry asked.

"The showers." I said, "I think he's trying to drown himself." Harry sighed, "Come on, Harry! You've never lost a game! What's one game on your record, eh? You're still the best seeker I've ever seen!"

"Thanks, y/n." Harry said, still looking grim.

The Gryffindor team then started talking about upcoming Qudditch matches.