Chapter 21

Your POV:

"Wake up!" Hermione yelled, "It's the first day of school!"

"Ugh!" I grunted, "Five more minutes."

"Y/n," Hermione pressed, "Get. Up."

"Fine." I gave in.

I got up, brushed my hair, got dressed, and slumped down stairs.

"How long does it take," Hermione said, "to get ready?"

"However long it does." I answered, "Should we wake the boys up?"

"Don't bother." Ron said, walking down the stairs with Harry.

"Awwww." I pouted, "I really wanted to annoy you."

Ron rolled his eyes and the four of us made our way to the Great Hall. When, we got there, we were given our timetables. Harry, Ron, and I were taking the same classes while Hermione...

"Ten subjects a day?!?" I cried, "Hermione, there isn't enough time!"

"I'll manage." Hermione said.

"'Mione," I argued, "you have three classes at nine o'clock! How on earth will you manage that?"

"I just will." Hermione said.

"You are so difficult." I hissed.

"Pass the marmalade." Hermione said.

I angrily gave Hermione the marmalade, "Would you like a knife to go with it?" I asked.

"I'm good, thank you." Hermione smiled.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my timetable, "Divination and Cara for Magical Creatures first."

"Hagrid is teaching Care for Magical Creatures." Hermione piped up.

I just nodded and took a bite out of my bacon.

***

"So. Many. Stairs." I panted. We were trying to get to Divination class.

"Must. Be. An. Easier. Way." Ron said.

"We're here." Hermione said, motioning to the ladder in front of us.

"Now we have to climb up that?" I gasped, grabbing the bars of the ladder and climbing up.

"Why did I take this class?" Ron mumbled, climbing up after me.

Harry and Hermione soon followed us and we sat down at the nearest table.

"Where's the teacher?" Ron asked.

"Welcome," a voice said, causing Ron to shriek, "How nice to see you in the physical world at last."

"There's the teacher." I whispered, "Professor Trelawney."

Professor Trelawney was thin and wore glasses that made her eyes seem bigger.

"Sit, my children, sit." Professor Trelawney said.

"We are sitting." I mumbled as the rest of the class sat down.

"Welcome to Divination," Professor Trelawney smiled, "My name is Professor Trelawney. You may not have seen me before. I find the descending too often into the hustle and bustle of the main school clouds my inner eye."

"Ooookay." I said.

"So you have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts. I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you. Books can take you only so far in this field..."