Chapter 38

Over breakfast the next morning, Harry informed us that he wrote Sirius claiming that his scar hurting was pure imagination. His hope was that Sirius would receive the letter and return to wherever he was hiding before the Dementors found him.

"That was a lie, Harry," Hermione said, her tone sharp, "You did not imagine your scar hurting and you know it!"

I simply nodded to my sister's statement, having too much food in my mouth to speak.

"So what?" Harry crossed his arms, "He's not going back to Azkaban because of me."

Hermione opened her mouth to object, but Ron put a hand on her shoulder, telling her to drop it.

I swallowed my food, "Your intentions are good, Harry. However, it would be best to tell someone - not necessarily Padfoot - if your scar starts hurting again."

Harry sighed, nodding half-heartedly, "Fine." He said before scooping up a spoonful of eggs.

***

After breakfast, the four of us went to the Defence Against the Dark Arts class where Professor Moody informed us that he would be performing the Imperius Curse...on all the students. 

"But-But you said it was illegal, Professor!" Hermione spoke up, "You said that to use it against another human was-"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like." Moody interrupted, "If you'd rather learn the hard way - when someone's using it on you to control you completely - fine by me. You excused. Of you go."

Hermione looked down, face flushed. She obviously did not want to miss out on an important lesson, even if an illegal spell was put on her.

It seemed like an interesting decision to make. Would I rather leave the lesson, but end up being controlled by a Death Eater later in life or do I stay and completely embarrass myself in front of my classmates?  

Would Draco have to do this? If so, I may try and sneak in with my camera when it's Slytherin's turn with Professor Moody.

Wait a minute...I don't even have a camera here!

"Now that's more like it!" The professor's booming voice broke me out of my thoughts.

I looked at the center of the room and saw Harry in what looked to by extreme pain as Professor Moody grinned widely.

"Look at that, you lot...Potter fought! He fought it and he damn near beat it! We'll try that again, Potter, and the rest of you pay attention - watch his eyes, that's where you see it - very good, Potter, very good indeed. They'll have trouble controlling you!"

I bit my lip at Moody's words. Harry already looked as though he was in pain and I was worried how much more painful it would for him the second time around. I watched as Professor Moody raised his wand towards Harry once more.

***

"The way he talks," Harry mumbled, walking out of the classroom after fighting off the Imperius Curse four times in a row (despite being the famous Boy-Who-Lived, I still can't believe he did it), "you'd think we were about to be attacked at any second."

"I know." I gasped, slouching as I walked, "Talk about being paranoid." I did a quick check over my shoulder to ensure that the professor wasn't in earshot.

"No wonder they were glad to get shot of him at the Ministry." Ron piped up, "Did you hear him telling Seamus what he did to that witch who yelled 'Boo' on April Fools' Day? And when are we supposed to read up on resisting the Imperius Curse with everything else we've got to do?"