Chapter 19

Your POV:

We had managed to get out of the Chamber of Secrets with no problems at all. Myrtle was a bit upset that we didn't die. She said that Harry was welcomed to share her toilet if he did. I think that she's got a bit of a thing for him.

Ginny as freaking out. She kept saying how she was going to be expelled and how she's a disgrace to the family. Harry managed to calm her down a bit and said that he would try to convince Dumbledore not to expel her. They're so cute together. Hinny!

Ron, Harry, Ginny, Lockhart, and I were led by Fawkes to Professor McGonagall's office. Harry knocked on the door three times before McGonagall opened it.

"Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley yelled, tears streaming down her face, "You saved her! You saved her! How did you save her?"

I walked over to McGonagall's table and laid upon it the Sorting Hat, Riddle's Diary, and the sword.

Harry started to tell McGonagall, Mrs. Weasley, and Dumbledore (who had been leaning against the wall the entire time) what had happened. He described the spiders, Polyjuice Potion, and finding the Chamber.

"Very well," McGonagall said, "so you found out where the entrance was - breaking a hundred school rules into pieces along the way, I might add - but how on earth did you get out of there alive?"

"Because of y/n." Harry smiled, "We'd all be dead if it wasn't for her."

Mrs. Weasley pulled me into a very tight hug, saying thank you over and over again.

"What interests me most," Dumbledore said, "is how Lord Voldemort managed to enchant Ginny, when my sources telll me he is currently in hiding in the forests of Albania."

"He's hiding where now?" I asked.

"W-what's that?" Mrs. Weasley asked, letting go of me, "You-Know-Who? En-enchant Ginny? But Ginny's not...Ginny hasn't been...has she?"

"It was the diary." I said, "Riddle wrote in it when he was sixteen."

"Brilliant," Dumbledore smiled, "of course, he was probably the most brilliant student at Hogwarts that I have ever seen." He turned to Mrs. Weasley, "Very few people know that Lord Voldemort was once called Tom Riddle. I taught him myself, fifty years ago, at Hogwarts. He disappeared after leaving the school...traveled far and wide...sank so deeply into the Dark Arts, consorted with the very worst of our kind, underwent so many dangerous, magical transformations, that he resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, he was barely recognizable. Hardly anyone connected Lord Voldemort with the clever, handsome boy who was once Head Boy here."

"But, Ginny," said Mrs. Weasley, "What's our Ginny got to do with - with - him?"

"His d-diary." Ginny sobbed, "I've b-been writing in it, and he's be w-writing back all year-"

"Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed, "Haven't I taught you anything? What have I told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps it's brain? Why didn't you come to me or your father? It's clearly full of Dark Magic-"

"I d-didn't know," Ginny cried, "I found it inside one you the books you got me. I th-thought someone had just left it in there and forgotten about it-"

"Miss Weasley should go up to the Hospital Wing right away," Dumbledore interrupted, "This has been a terrible ordeal for her. There will be no punishment. Older and wiser wizards than she have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldemort. I suggest bed rest and perhaps a large, steaming mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up. You will find that Madam Pomfrey is still awake. She's just giving out Mandrake juice - I daresay the Basilisk's victims will be awaking at any moment."