Chapter 10

Your POV:

Hermione, Ron, and I went to visit Harry the next morning.

"Hey, Harry." I said. My eyes quickly went to the bed across from Harry. There were curtains around it, "What's up with that bed?" I asked.

"Tell you later." Harry whispered.

Harry was soon ready to leave the Hospital Wing.

"So," Ron said, "Gonna tell us about that bed?"

"Colin Creevy." Harry Said.

"The annoying kid who's always taking pictures?" I asked.

"Yep," Said Harry, "H-he got attacked by the monster in the Chamber of Secrets."

"WHAT?!?" Ron, Hermione, and I said calmly.

"That's not all," Harry said, "Dumbledore said something about the Chamber being opened again."

"Again?" Hermione and I asked.

Harry nodded his head.

"I wonder who opened it before." I said.

"Isn't obvious?" Ron asked, "Lucius Malfoy opened the Chamber 50 years ago! I bet you anything that he passed the secret to opening it to Malfoy!"

"Anything, you say?" I said, "I bet you 2 cauldron and 21 chocolate frogs that nobody in the Malfoy family opened the Chamber of Secrets." 

Ron pondered for a moment, "I bet you 6 pumpkin patties and a box of Berties Beans that Malfoy has opened the Chamber."

"Deal." Ron and I shook hands.

"By the way," Hermione said, trying to change the subject, "I saw a flyer for a dueling club. First meeting is tonight. I thought we could maybe try it out."

"Yeah, I'll go," I said, "Just as long as-"

***

"You have got to be kidding me." Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I were standing next to a long stage for the dueling club. And are highly advanced and amazing teacher was...Lockhart. Yay. -_-

"Good evening," Lockhart said, "Can you all see me? Can you all hear me?"

"Unfortunately." I mumbled.

"Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club," Lockhart exclaimed, "to train you all up, in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works." Lockhart took off the cape he was wearing and flung it into the audience. A couple girls screamed like 5 year olds in a candy shop, "Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape!" Oh, this just got good. Snape stood up on the stage wearing his usual black. The Slytherins and I applauded. Hey, anyone who will cause annoying gits pain, is my hero, "He has agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry, you'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him, never fear." 

"I hope Snape murders him," I said to Ron and Harry.

Snape and Lockhart took out their wands, bowed, and took three steps back.

"One," Lockhart started, "two. Three!"

"Expelliarmus!" Snape shouted. A red light came out of Snape's wand and blasted Lockhart about ten feet back.

"Do you think that he's alright?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares?" I said.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape!" Lockhart said, "But if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious on what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you, it would've have been nearly too easy."

"Maybe," I shouted, "you should teach us first how to block unfriendly spells!"

I earned nods of agreement from the boys, and death glares from the girls.

"An excellent suggestion, Miss Granger." Lockhart exclaimed, "Let's have a volunteer pair...um...Potter! Weasley! How about you?"

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest of spells," Snape said, "He'll be sending Potter to the Hospital in a match box. May I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, perhaps?" Oh no.

Malfoy got up onto the stage smirking.

"Good luck, Potter." Lockhart said. Malfoy and Harry approached each other, "Wands at the ready! "

"Scared, Potter?" Malfoy asked.

"You wish." Harry said.

Malfoy and Harry quickly bowed and took three steps back.

"On the count of three," Lockhart said, "cats your spells to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm! We don't want any accidents here. One...Two-"

"Everte Statum!!!" Malfoy shouted. Harry got sent back at least 15 feet. 

Harry quickly got up and pointed his wand, "Rectumsempra!!!" Malfoy got sent back about 10 feet and landed on his arse.

Snape pulled Malfoy up and pushed him towards Harry, "I said disarm only!" Lockhart snapped. Lockhart, I honestly don't think that anybody cares at the moment.

"Serpensortia!!!" A snake blasted out of Malfoy's wand. Most people started screaming.

"Awww!" I said, "It's so pretty! Why are you giving me that look, Jordan?"

"Have no fear, Potter," Snape said, "I'll get rid of it for you."

"Allow me, Professor Snape!" Lockhart said, "Volate Ascendere!!!" 

The snake simply flew up into the air and came back down with a THUD!

"Great work, Lockhart!" I said, sarcastically.

Harry advanced towards the snake and started speaking...Oh. My. Merlin.

Parseltongue.

The snake was now suddenly advancing on a Hufflepuff called Justin, who was standing right next to me. I felt someone grab my hand. Malfoy.

"Come on." He whispered, dragging me out of the classroom as the snake kept on advancing towards Justin.

"What was that for?" I asked Malfoy when we got outside the classroom.

"I-I...um...I didn't want you to get eaten by snake." Malfoy stuttered.

"Oh." I said, "Well...um...t-thank you."

"Welcome." Malfoy mumbled. He started...blushing? "I should...catch up with Crabbe and Goyle. I saw them run out screaming bloody murder."

"O-okay." I blushed. Oh great! Now I'm blushing.

Malfoy ran off, and I waited till Ron and Hermione came out of the classroom dragging a clueless Harry.