Chapter 39

A/N:  Hello, everyone! I know I haven't updated in a while and I'm truly sorry about that.  I've been so focused on school and my four original books... 

I just wanted to say thank you all for your lovely comments! They really brighten up my day!

Also, from now on, I will be trying to use gender-neutral pronouns for the reader.  This is mostly because I've kind of found it uncomfortable when writing x readers/self inserts with female pronouns nowadays...I hope you all can understand!

Now let's get back to this hellhole of a book:

Your POV:

"There!" another student cried out, pointing at a large object hurtling towards the castle.

"It's a dragon!" a first-year shrieked. I wish.

"Don't be stupid." Dennis Creevey said, "It's a flying house." I wasn't even aware flying houses were a thing.

Once the lights of the castle shown onto the object, we could all see what this ginormous object really was:

A blue carriage being pulled by a dozen elephant-sized palomino horses.

The  carriage stooped lower and lower until it and the horses landed in front of us students with a might thud! The doors were then swung open by a small boy, who unfolded a set of golden steps from the carriage before taking a jump back. Who came out of the carriage made a few students gasp.

An incredibly large woman with feet the size of a small sled and a dress of black satin stepped out. 

"She's taller than Hagrid." I heard Draco whisper, causing me to look around and realize now that he was right behind me.

Draco caught my staring and gave a quick 'hi', which I returned with no hint of blush on my face at all before turning back to the giant woman who was now talking to Dumbledore.

"My dear Madame Maxine," said Dumbledore, "Welcome to Hogwarts."

"Dumbly-dore," the woman (who I guess was Madame Maxine) said with a deep voice, "I 'ope I find you well?"

"In excellent form, I thank you," Dumbledore responded.

Madame Maxine waved her hand behind, "My pupils."

At that moment, I realized around a dozen shivering girls and boys were behind Madame Maxine.  They seemed for be wearing expensive silk, which mostly likely explained why there were cold.

"'As Karkaroff arrived yet?" asked Madame Maxine

"He should arrive at any moment," replied Dumbly-dore, "Would you like too wait here and greet him or would you prefer to step inside and warm up a trifle?"

"Warm up, I think." Madame Maxine said, "But ze 'orses-"

"Our Care for Magical Creatures teacher would be delighted to care for them," Dumbledore interrupted, "the moment he has returned from dealing with a slight situation that has a arisen with some of his other - er - charges."

"Skrewts, I bet." I said, causing Draco to chuckle.

"Reckon Durmstrang's entrance will be like this?" he asked, knowing full well that most people were too sidetracked by Madame Maxine or the impending Durmstrang kids to listen in.

"Perhaps." I shrugged, "I already know that Hogwarts has lost the competition for most showy entrance."

"I heard that Viktor Krum is going to be with them." Of course Draco would know these things.