Chapter 11

Sorry it took so long to update. School has been rough. Anyway, here it is. I tried my best.

Your POV:

I followed Ron, Hermione, and Harry into the Gryffindor Common Room. When we got there, Ron pushed Harry into the armchair.

"You're a Parselmouth!" Ron exclaimed, "Why didn't you tell us?"

"I'm a what?" Harry asked.

"A Parselmouth!" Hermione said.

"You can talk to snakes." I explained.

"I know." Harry said, "I mean, one time I accidentally set a boa constrictor on my cousin, Dudley at the zoo-long story- but it was telling me it had never been to Brazil and I sorta set it free-"

"A boa constrictor told you that it had never been to Brazil?" I gasped.

"So?" Harry asked, "I bet loads of people here can do it."

"No, Harry, they can't" I said, "It's not very common. Oh, Harry! This is really bad!"

"What's bad? If I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin-"

"Oh, that's what you said!" Ron exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, "You were there you heard me-"

"We heard to speaking Parseltongue," I said, "Snake language."

"You could have been saying anything, Harry," Hermione said, "It sorta looked like-"

"You were egging the snake on." I finished, "It was creepy, you know."

"I spoke a different language?" Harry asked, "But I didn't realize...how can I speak a different language without knowing it?"

"I don't know." I said, "B-but, Harry, there's a reason that the Slytherin mascot is a snake...Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth, too. And now, everyone's going to think that you're is great-great-great-great-grandson or something-"

"But I'm not." Harry snapped.

"You'll find that hard to prove," Hermione said, "He lived over a thousand years ago; for all we know...you could be."

***

December was coming along. We had finally got the ingredients for the Polyjuice Potion and it was almost ready. McGonagall had collected names of those who were staying for the holidays. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I signed the list.

I had hardly seen Justin at all and Harry started getting worried that everyone thought that he was the heir to Slytherin.

"Oh for heaven's sake, Harry," Hermione said one day, "Go find Justin of it's so important to you!"

Harry did just that. And, boy, it couldn't have gone worse.

Ron, Hermione, and I were walking down the hallway when Hermione pointed out nearly a hundred spiders fleeing out a window.

"I-i-i-i don't like s-s-spiders!" Ron exclaimed. Hermione laughed.

"What's wrong with you, Ron?" Hermione giggled.

"Fred turned my teddy bear into a spider once while I was asleep." Ron gulped.

"Hermione," I said, "C-come on. I don't quite like spiders either."

"Wait!" Hermione said, "I saw spiders fleeing when Mrs. Norris was attack, too."

"Does that mean-" I started.

"ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NO MORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATTAAAAK!"

"Oh no." Hermione and I said.

The three of us ran to the source of the yelling. Harry was standing, his whole body shaking, next to a petrified Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly Headless Nick.

"Caught in the act!" Ernie Macmillan said.

"That will do, Macmillan!" McGonagall said as she came in.

"Oh, Potter, you rotter, oh, what have you done,

You're killing off students, you think it's good fun-"

"That's enough, Peeves!" barked McGonagall, "This way, Potter."

McGonagall led Harry away, leaving half the school staring at the petrified Justin and Sir Nicholas.

For a second, I caught a glance at Malfoy. He was staring at me with fear in his eyes.

"What are you staring at, Y/n?" Ron asked.

"Nothing." I lied quickly, "Nothing at all."