Chapter 1-[The game]

"Kaylee, Kaylee!" Miranda, the yearbook committee leader, ran towards me as I made my way out of the school with my friends and boyfriend beside me. I looked down the hall at her as she tried to get my attention.

"Yes, Miranda." I asked her flipping my hair off of my shoulder. She gasped for air from running, "Well. I was just talking to Mr. Kells and he told me to get with you to talk about the prom dance. You know... The one you were supposed to be hosting this year." She said with a little tiny smile.

My friends laughed, but I just stood and looked at her really embarrassed. Sometimes I really hate being the popular one. My friends are really stuck up and annoying. And my boyfriend is really a little brat. Sometimes I just hate my social life.

"Well, Miranda. I will have to get back with you... When I wanna talk about it. But right now, it's not the right time honey." I told her with a fake smirk. The others around me laughed as Miranda ran off with a sorry look. I watched her sadly wishing I wouldn't have said that to her.

"Babe, you getting a little feisty there weren't you?" My annoying boyfriend, Josh, told me as we walked to his car. I got in the passenger side and he walked over the the drivers side getting in and driving off to my house.

When we pulled into my driveway he parked and cut the engine. "Thanks." I said grabbing my bag from the floor.

He took his hand and rubbed it up my leg. I stopped it as he got to close. "Come on Kaylee!" He sat up in his seat. "I should go." I told him opening the door. He sighed and tried to kiss my cheek, but I turned away and got out.

Walking into the house I seen my dad, brother, and mom sitting in living room. My brother is sixteen and we are like best friends. I love my brother to death. Even when we have our ups and downs he's still there.

"What's going on?" I asked as they looked all down. Mom looked up at me and she was crying.

"What happened?" I sat down beside her as dad grabbed her hand.

"Your grandma Amy passed away last night." My dad spoke looking at me. Grandma Amy is my great grandmother. She was 102. Grandma Amy was a very sweet women. I loved her.

"What? How?" many questions came to thought.

"She died in her sleep. This morning." My brother, Chase, informed me. At that moment tears slowly started forming down my eyes. And next thing you know my dad was rocking me in his arms as if I were 2 years old again.

1 week later

After the death of my grandmother, we were told to attend to the funeral that was held on that Saturday. Many people were there. My grandmother was a very sweet women with thousands of friends.

I was sitting in my room with my glasses on doing homework and It was a Friday night. There was a basketball game going on tonight and my friend was playing.

I wasn't planning on going until she called and asked me to go. My brother offered to go with me, only because he wanted his girlfriend to go.

Getting ready I put on rippled pants, my school shirt which was 'Golden gate Eagles' with the colors, gold, white, and black. Along with that I grabbed my all white converses and slid them on.

"You ready Kaylee. I told her we would be there by 8." My brother came to my door after I put my hair up in a messy bun leaving my side ends down.

"Yeah. Let's go." I grabbed my keys and phone along with 50 dollars from my drawer.

We got in my jeep and headed over to his girlfriend's house. As she got in we looked the exact same. But she had on white rippled skninny jeans.

After we paid to get into the game we went to find a seat in the crowd. There was so many people. We were playing the warriors. Our cross town rivals.

Walking up the bleachers behind my brothers girlfriend I spotted my crew. One waved and told me to come sit by them. Looking over at my boyfriend and one of my friends they were flirting. Seriously?

With a nod I told them I wouldn't be sitting with them and walked along behind my brothers girlfriend. We found a spot in the middle of the crowd. I noticed a few of the not so popular girls from in front of us.

It was half time and I walked up to the concession stand with my brothers girlfriend, Savanna, and we waited in line. Once we got to the front I ordered. "Can I have 2 large popcorns, 3 sprites, a snickers, sour skittles, and a twix. Oh and add a hot dog to that please." I said. I eat a lot, but don't gain any weight.

Savanna looked at me and smiled. "Big hungry aren't you?" She said shocked that I ordered all of that. I laughed. The person gave us our candy and drinks, but we had to wait on the popcorn.

"You can just take that. I'll wait for the popcorn. Chase is probably about to throw a hissy fit if he doesn't have his chocolate." I laughed. She joined and took the stuff then walked away.

I stood to the side waiting on my order, that's when I heard aurguing going on. It came closer and next thing I knew my boyfriend and one of his jock friend came out yelling at each other. They were being escorted out by the referee.

Next thing you knew my boyfriend stole his friends face. At that moment they were all on each other fighting. People pulled them off and I ran over to Josh.

"What's going on?" I yelled at his friend Page. "THAT'S NOT RIGHT, JOSH AND YOU KNOW IT!" He pointed at Josh being held back by a few of his buddies. Josh smiled at Page and spit blood out of his mouth. "What the heck Josh?" I said to him. He jerked away and walked towards the entrace.

I didn't even care at that moment when Page told me that Josh was sleeping with his girlfriend. Who was my best friend. "Are you serious?" I asked shocked. I know I kinda didn't love him anymore, but it's just the thought that he was sleeping with my best friend this whole time.

I walked up to the bleachers and tears ran down my face. "Guys I'm going home. You coming?" I asked them standing up. Chase looked at with me with worried look. As I walked off I was followed by them.

Exiting the school, Josh sat outside with his buddies. "Kaylee, I can explain." He grabbed my arm.

"Don't touch me. Were done Josh. I should have known you would do something behind my back. At one point I loved you and now," I looked up at him with hurt in my eyes.

"I don't know. I guess it was all just a game you played with me. Well, now you know what.. I'm not the freaking main character in it anymore. Go hike up another little girls skirt now. Cause I'm done with you." and with that I walked off with Chase and Savanna beside me.