Chapter 25- [Baby Ruth is here!]

*8 weeks later*

It's been eight weeks since Nathan's birthday and it's been a great eight weeks for him.

For me, I'm pretty worried. Two reasons. First it's been over a week of my due date and it's killing me. I have slow contractions, but I'm not going into labor. So I wonder what's going on. Second, my water hasn't broke which it should have broken. I guess Ruth isn't ready to come into the world.

I haven't been sleeping right at all because every position I'm in, it's like Ruth doesn't agree with. So I haven't had much sleep which I know is unhealthy. That kind of scares me. And Nathan's pretty worried also.

It's around 2 in the morning and I'm up in the living room hoping she would settle down in there.

As I'm in the middle of some random movie on LMN I feel wet pressure coming out from my bottom. Oh God! I'm Kind of praying that I've peed on myself, but I'm also hoping that my water broke.

I struggled to get up and once I did I noticed it wasn't pee.

My water broke. Finally!

Then all of a sudden pain hit me. The contractions all over again. I walked over to the bottom of the stairs and put my leg up then noticing I won't be walking upstairs. When she does decide to come, I can't do anything right now.

So I just rest my hands on my hips and take deep breaths.

"NATHAN! I screamed to him upstairs. He immediately showed up in front of me. He already knew what was happening to me.

He rushed into the room and grabbed our hospital bag that was sitting by our door and our cell phones and chargers. It didn't take too long before I started crying.

"HURRY UP. WE. HAVE. TO. GO!" I screamed getting really annoyed.

A few minutes later he ran downstairs and had everything in his hands. When he was helping me in the car I was sweating everywhere.

Finally after the worst, longest car ride I have ever been though We made it to the hospital.

"Can you call my parents?" I asked Nathan under breaths.

He pulled out his phone as they placed me in a wheelchair and rolled me into the labor section. It was so hard for me to transport onto the blue bed that was nicely made.

I'm so scared to do this.

[12 hours later]

I decided to have an epidural since the pain was to intense. And it's taking forever for Ruth to get here. Miracle, Mrs. Wright and a few other of our friends are in here.

When the doctor came in the room they had to leave so they waited in the waiting room.

"Hello Ms. Thompson. How are you?" the doctor asked.

I nodded my head, "I'm pretty good right now."

He wrote that down and then looked up at me with a concerned look. "It's been 12 hours since your last contraction. So your still 9 centimeters apart. Not 10 yet." He said looking through papers on the clipboard.

"Well yeah. It's been 12 hours so what?" I asked.

"That means, the epidural should wear off in a couple of minutes."

"Is that what's stopping me from my 10th centimeter?" I sat up. He pressed his lips together and nodded.

*30 minutes later*

The epidural has finally worn off and now I am in pain. That means I am now dilated 10 centimeters.

"Are you ready to have your baby?" The doctor asked as he applied his gloves. Nathan wiped the sweat off of my forehead and kissed it.

"Your going to do great, darling." He said grabbing my hand.

I was now crying really hard, because I could no longer take the pain anymore. "I can't- I can't do this." I shook my head. My hair was pulled back into a messy bun at the top of my head and now was falling down.

"Baby, yes you can. You want this baby, I want this baby, so she needs to get her somehow. All you have to do is push and it'll be over within a few minutes." He said trying to comfort me.

I shook my head uncontrollably and was for sure I was confident in bringing our baby in the world. Here we go...

*4 hours later*

Ruth is finally here. And she is beautiful as ever. I'm just so happy to hold her for the first time.

I just woke up from a quick nap while Nathan was enjoying our daughter.

Miracle and Bradley walked into the room and she asked for Ruth so she sat in the recliner beside the bed and adored her.

"She is so cute!" She squealed and kissed her.

"She looks just like you Nathan." Bradley said and reached over and high five Nathan. I laughed, "What about me? Does she look like me?" I stared at Ruth in Miracles arms.

They looked at her and then didn't say anything.

We bursted out laughing all together and then my parents came into the room along with my brother.

"Oh my god! Mom!" I said adjusting in my bed. She smiled, but she didn't look to happy. I'm not going to say anything.

"Hi, Kaylee." She stood far distance away. What was that for. My brother just stood by the door and dad had a big bag in his hand.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I smiled.

Mom and dad looked at each other. "You might as well tell her the truth." Chase said folding his arms. He looked scared. I looked at them and they were silent.

"Can you guys leave the room, please?" Mom asked Nathan, Miracle, and Bradley. They left except for Nathan.

"What ever you need to say to me you can say in front of Nathan." I took his hand. Chase walked over to me and stood beside the bed. The room was silent.

"IF ITS THAT SERIOUS THEN TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!" I yelled. I scared Ruth and she started crying so Nathan placed her on her bed and then she fell straight to sleep just like that.

"Well... Kaylee. We need to.. Um. Tell you something very important. All I'm is hoping that you forgive us and will still love us." Mom cried. What's going on with them?

_______________________________
So I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm so happy I got 2 chapters done in one day. Well there you go and yep, another cliffhanger! And I will post a picture of our newest edition to the story, 'Ruth Eden Ford' so you guys look forward to that.. In the meantime, do whatever and I love each and everyone of my readers.