Chapter 5- [Getting to know more]

After taking a shower I put on blue jean shorts a white plain t-shirt with a rainbow pocket, with grey and white vans. Other for Savanna, she wore blue jean shorts, an aeropostale shirt with sandals.

We loaded up in Nathan's truck and headed to crackle barrel.

It felt so good eating food from Texas. It's way different from the city. Texas cooks there food with a kick to it. It makes you feel like home. I wonder why my mother doesn't cook this kind of food.

"How are you taking it with your grandma passing?" Nathan asked me as we walked along the sidewalk at the towns country outlets.

I was quiet for a while. Actually he's the only person who's asked me about my grandma passing so far. "I'm kind of okay. I mean, I miss her so much. But my mom is the one who's taking it hard." I spoke.

"I'm sorry. Your Grandma was a really great person. I loved her." Nathan told me.

I smiled and looked down at the rock I was kicking. "I'm glad you think so." As I said that Savanna and Chase looked back at us.

"Y'all up for some ice cream?" Savanna asked us as we passed an ice cream place.

"Yes!" Me and Nathan said at the same time. "I heard this is one of the best ice cream places in town." Nathan said holding the door open for us. "Such a gentleman." I said walking in after savanna and Chase. He looked at me, "In glad you think so." which made my head go crazy. He's so adorable.

*1 month later*

Its been a month here in this small town in Texas. We have had so much fun. Horseback riding, helping build a new farm, movie nights with grandpa. Just the other day me and Savanna hung out with some other girls. Country girls at that. We partyed and drove four wheelers, then had an amazing time.

Me and Nathan are hanging out more. We have gotten closer. He's not from Texas. 19 years old, graduated from high school, got a scholarship for welding but turned it down for some reason he never told me about.

It was a Friday morning, and I had just woke up moving around the house making coffee.

As I added my cream in the cup Savanna walked in with bed head. She sat at the table and asked for a cup of coffee. So the wonderful person I am I made her a cup. As me and Savanna sat at the table, she talking about her nightmare, Chase and Nathan walked into the kitchen from the back door.

"Morning ladies." Nathan spoke wiping sweat from his head. Chase sat next to savanna and kissed her.

"Good morning." Me and Savanna said at the same time.

"I smell coffee." Chase bursted out and said. We all laughed. "Obviously?" I said pointing to I and savannas coffee cup.

After fixing both Nathan and Chase coffee we all sat at the table talking. "Well, me and Savanna were going on a little date to see a movie at 1, so were gonna go upstairs and get ready." Chase said getting up along with Savanna.

"Okay. You two have fun." I said putting my cup in the sink.

Once they walked out Nathan put his cup in the sink and looked at me making me giggle.

"Well, if you need me I'll be out in the field doing a little target practice." He put his hand gently on my back. It sent sparks through my body. Then I thought.

"You know. I've never... Shot a gun before. Maybe, you could, I don't know, show me how to target practice." I spoke uncertain. Without a doubt he cocked his head and smirked. "Sure."

"Okay, cool I'm gonna go upstairs and get dressed. I'll be down in a minute." I said so happy running out of the kitchen.

I dressed in a plain white t-shirt, some shorts, and my black and white Nike shoes.

"Okay, so remember, this is the safety. When your ready to use the gun, cock this thing back and then aim at your target." He pointed to the stuff on the long gun. I've never even held a gun. I'm so excited. We were at the back of the field in an opening a little passed the woods from the house. It was a beautiful place. He had targets set up on tree stumps in the distance and a mark where you shoot the gun from.

I pulled the gun up and aimed at the empty cereal box located in the distance.

"Okay remeber what I told you. Safety, Aim, relax and shoot." He said stepping back. I did what I was told, closed my eyes and pulled the trigger with my body being jerked back a little which scared me.

Nathan clapped and walked over to me as I handed him the gun in awe. "Looks like your a pro." He laughed. I smiled, "That really scared me." I said sitting on a tree stump. He smirked and shot like it was no big deal to him. Like he didn't feel a thing.

"Nathan, can I ask you a question?" I looked up at him.

He turned to me and tilted his ball cap. "Sure, darling."

Before speaking I giggled, "W-Why did you turn down your scholarship?"

He slowly put down the gun then looked at me. "Uh,-"

"I'm sorry. Never mind. I shouldn't have asked." I fake smiled.

"No, your fine. Well, when I was in high school, just about to graduate, I went to a party. Didn't mean to get drunk, but I had sex with this girl who had always wanted to get with me since like third grade. So, a few weeks as I was about to leave for college, she told me she was 3 months pregnant with my baby. At that moment I was really shocked. She waited to tell me after 3 months. I didn't know what to do. She Didn't show at all. But turns out she was faking the whole time. She came clean after this huge argument we had with her parents. She told me she wasn't pregnant at all. I was really angry because I turned down that scholarship because I knew I couldn't be a full time Dad and a full time student. It wasn't possible. But I chose to be with her because I didn't want to be like my dad. He wasn't there to help my mom. But there was no baby." He said almost crying. By now he was sitting beside me on the tree stump.

"Well, why did she lie to you for 3 months?" I asked curious but yet sorry for him.

"Because she wanted to be with me. That night was a mistake. I didn't mean to have a one night stand. I'm just not that type of guy. If I want to do it with you I have to be with you. You have to be mine. I didn't mean to have sex with that girl." He said with so much anger. Wow. This boy really cares that much about girls. He was raised right.

It was quiet for a while. "What would you have done if she was pregnant with your child?" I looked over to him. "To be honest, I would have stayed with her through it all, only for the baby. We really had no feelings for each other after that night. She only wanted to get it out of me." He shrugged.

"Just know, I wouldn't want anything out of you. I just want you to be you." I told him rubbing his arm.

He looked at me and smiled. "That's nice to know."

After he said that we both leaned in and kissed. First it was soft, then he pressed his lips harder to mine also grabbing my waist. He kissed me down my neck leaving little trails.

"Nathan, wait." I put my hand on his well built chest. He softly pulled back and looked over into the woods. "I'm sorry." He said without eye contact.

I laughed, "It's okay. Your fine. So how about we shoot some more and head back to the house." I nudged him with a smile.

"Alright. But let's play a game. Since your a pro, first one to shoot 10 targets wins. And the loser has to buy the winner lunch." He said grabbing the other gun from the back of the four wheeler we rode out here.

"Is that a date?" I asked with a smile setting up I my postition.

"Maybe?" He winked after putting more bullets in his gun.

"Your on. Better get your money together." I trashed talked him.

He laughed, "Maybe you dont know how these country boys act."

"I've been hanging out with one for a month now. I think I know how this one acts." I pointed to him with a slight giggle.