Chapter 3-[Leaving for Texas]

Its been 2 weeks since I have been single. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. Now that I'm no longer with Josh, I'm no longer popular, I actually feel like somebody. I have always wondered what it would be like to have people constantly not staring and talking about you.

I didn't go to prom. Nor, did I help set up. My brother and his girl savanna were mad beautiful as always. But there's always next year. There was really nobody to go with in the first place. Josh and Christy are a thing now. Its been all over school. I'm happy to not have that two faced jerk in my life.

We have 1 more day school day until summer comes. Can't wait to finally get a break from this mud pit. Everything actually was going smooth until toward the end.

I had just got out of school and me and Savanna was sitting in my jeep, our feet propped up on the dashboard, Windows down and the music playing all in the football parking lot watching Chase and his hot football team (except for Josh) practice.

An hour later we were heading to sonic to grab a bite to eat. After we ordered we headed to the house only the be called back into the living room after my dad had just got off the phone. I hopped onto the one seater couch, tucked my legs under me and watched my father very closely.

"Okay, so that was your grandpa Bill. He was calling and wondering would you two want to spend the summer with him on his farm out in Texas?" dad laid it to us straight. Me and Chase looked at each other. "We haven't seen grandpa Bill in like 2 years. Sure. I'll go." Chase agreed with a huge grin. It was all up to Me.

I wouldn't want to spend my whole summer where my enemies are. "Sure I'll go." I said with a little tiny smile. "Alright great. But there's a catch." Mom informed us. I just now noticed this was her first time talking to us today.

"Oh God there's always a catch." Chase starts. We all laugh. "He needs help on the farm. With the animals and cleaning the stables, building another barn. Now that grandma's not around he's been having a few helpers, but he thinks that you guys should take a break from the city life and join the country side." Dad told us. Oh gosh. This is going to be great.

"I'm still in. What could be more better." Chase started really excited. Texas? I'm not even sure I want to picture the fact. But I'm doing it for my grandpa. Maybe we would have fun.

We found out that we will be leaving the last day we get out of school. I'm starting not to want to go to school that day.

As the hours gets closer to Texas, it's like I get nervous. I honestly don't know why but that's not me. I'm always the one to look forward to new things.

"Y'all are going to Texas? Why didn't you tell me way before? I've always wanted to go to Texas." Savanna complained to me and Chase as we three sat in the movie line to see a new movie that just came out.

"Well, babe, I didn't want to tell you because we just got the news ourselves." Chase hugged her. "Yeah, like a week ago." I looked at Chase. She lightly hit him on his arm with a smile. We laughed and moved up. I think its would be nice if Savanna joined with us. I mean, I would someone to hang out while Chase does his work with grandpa.

"You know what Savanna. Why don't you come with us?"

She looked at me then, Chase. "Oh, no that's y'all family." She informed. Chase took her hand. "You are our family." Chase told her romantically. "Well, we can talk to our parents And grandpa so we can get you an extra ticket. I would love for you to come with us." I told her. And with that they starting making out. Younger people around us whistled and clapped. That was once me and Josh.

"What movie would you guys like to see today?" The young guy asked me getting me out of my thoughts. I hadn't even noticed we were getting up here. We got our tickets and bought popcorn then headed to our movie.

After the movie, we dropped off Savanna then went home to talk to our parents. They agreed that Savanna could go with us. The next day they got her a plane ticket for Texas and we had to pack. Yay!

***The next day***

Monday. It's finally the last day of school. And the first day I head into Texas.

"Kaylee, you know Josie? Josie Rider?" Savanna asked me as I picked her from her house. She was riding with me this morning. We would be leaving right after school.

"Uh yeah. I think so. Isn't it it that really pretty and sweet red headed girl that's the leader of the drama club." I asked pulling out of her driveway. She laughed, "Yeah. Well anyways she's pregnant."

"Are you serious? She's only a sophomore. Who's the dad?" I asked shocked. She was so innocent. "Well I heard by some college guy. They had been at it for years, insta says." and with that I bursted out laughing. But it's so not funny.

School went be pretty good. We headed home to be greeted by a guy putting our luggage into a huge car and a limo parked outside. Okay, I know we were packing in the car but what's the limo for.

Turns out my parents were going to Hawaii. Right when we are about to leave for Texas they're going to a beach. That's just messed up. Not cool. Me and Chase aurged with our parents for like 30 minutes, but turned out they won. We have to go to Texas.