Chapter 23

*One month later*

Today is finally the day I am 8 months pregnant! Only 7 more weeks till my bundle of joy.

Today we are preparing the baby room. Honestly I won't be doing much, so that's why we are having some help. Nathan, Bradley and a few of his friends are helping with the heavy things while I and Miracle are doing the small things.

While they are placing the heavy things onto their trucks to take to the storage me and Miracle are eating chips.

As we were talking and standing outside by the truck the boys come out with a huge antique dresser.

Nathan was right behind them directing them. "That's everything. Were gonna place this furniture in the storage and grab the baby furniture. We'll be back." He said wrapping his arm around my waist.

"But we wanna go." Miracle said and hopped in the back of the truck with Bradley. I laughed and Nathan helped me in on the passenger side.

We got to our storage and replaced the old furniture with the new baby furniture.

When we got back home we painted the room pink and gray then placed the furniture in.

We got done around 7 p.m with everything then we all went out to a barbeque grill.

It was 10 p.m when me and Nathan headed back home.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." He kissed my cheek and ran upstairs. "Okay."

As I heard the water running I walked upstairs and opened up Ruth's room and sat in the lounge chair beside the crib. We did a great job with the baby room (MM). I'm so excited.

            *1 week later*

    Nathan's birthday is tomorrow and I have no idea what I am going to get him. I was thinking heading to the shelter and adopt a puppy. That wouldn't be so bad. Earlier I called Miracle and see if she wanted to come with me into town. She said yes.

I took a shower and picked out an outfit. I wore something comfortable enough that I would move around in for a bit. So I picked out a peach sundress, some crystal sandals and a white cardigan to go over it. Its easy for me to move around in a sundress anyways.

After I put on my make-up and curled my hair I walked downstairs and seen Nathan sitting on the couch eating chips and drinking a coke.

"Good morning handsome." I bent over and kissed him. He smiled and pulled me down as I was about to pull away.

"I have to go." I giggled. He moved my hair behind my ear and smirked. "You are so beautiful."

I blushed. "Thank you."

I got up and something all of a sudden hit me. A few months after Ruth is born then that'll be a year of us knowing each other. This is huge. And it's also so cute.

I continued walking towards the kitchen and grabbed my keys off of the island, then a water bottle along with my purse.

"I'm going into town with Miracle." I said standing in front of him. He got up and pulled me close rubbing my belly.

"Okay, darling." At that time Miracle blew her horn.

We walked outside and stood on the porch as miracle parked her car out of the way of the truck we are going in. She waved at us so we waved back then she hopped in the truck.

"I love you." I said and kissed him. He did the same, "I love you too." And then let me go.

I headed over to the truck and used the handles to get in. Once I started it, I rolled the windows down and looked at Miracle with a smile. Before we took off Nathan yelled something.

"TAKE CARE OF MY GIRLS, MIRACLE." He laughed. We did the same. "THEIR IN GOOD HANDS!" Miracle leaned out the window.

"YOU GIRLS HAVE FUN." He said and we drove off into town.

          *30 minutes later*

   "This one is so adorable." Miracle said as we looked at the puppies surround around a fence.

I agreed that this Baby golden retriever is adorable. This dog is so cute. Its the first dog out of all five dog shops that I love. It even stood away from the others and just looked up at me with its paws hooking into the fence. I leaned down and picked it up.

"Poor boy has been here since his birth. He's 3 weeks old and as healthy as a new born baby. He doesn't bark at all and he's different than the others in there. His brother and sister died at birth and he's the lucky one out of all. Strong, brave and funny. He's a keeper." The women walked over to me as I held the puppy in my arms. The puppy rested its head on my shoulder and I couldn't help but smile. This is the one. It reminds me of Nathan so much. Its just like him.

"I want him. He's perfect. What's his name?" I smiled still holding him. 

"They named him Jonas at first but it's not official. If you name him now, it'll be on the adoption papers and you could take him home today." She said as we followed her to the front desk.

I thought of a good name. Then one popped to my head. "How about buddy?" I smiled looking behind me at Miracle.

"Its pretty." She nodded. We signed some papers and she gave me some dog toys along with a mini puppy kennel. We said thank you and headed to the truck. Miracle placed Buddy in the backseat and we went through the drive thru at Burger king and then headed back to the small town of Texas.

------------------------------------
Hey guys... Short I know. I don't usually do these kind of chapters and I know you guys was looking forward to more but here you go. Look forward to the next update. Love y'all!!