Chapter 26- [Say sorry?]

"Kaylee, I'm really sorry." Mom said as she cried and walked closer towards me.

"What happened?" I said getting up out of the bed. This time I was really fed up with this. I'm still pretty sore from having Ruth.

Dad handed me a vanilla envelope and brung mom into a hug. I made eye contact with them and then opened it slowly.

"Are these... Adoption papers?" I asked looking at my name on them.

Dad nodded, "Kaylee, when you were first born your mother gave you up for adoption. At 1 years old we adopted you-"

"That means your not my real parents?" I said stepping back in disbelief. Dad pressed his lips together and nodded his head. Tears slowly started making their way down my cheeks.

"Kaylee, I know how you feel, but it'll be okay-"

"No! This will never be okay. I don't even know who my real parents are! I don't know who you people are! Why are you just now telling me this? Right now. Today! After I just had my baby!" I said really angry and dad at the same time. Mom sniffed and took my hand but I yanked it away.

"Kaylee We just don't want you to be mad at us. We're sorry." She whispered.

"SORRY IS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH!" I yelled and looked down at the floor seeing my tears fell onto it, "I just can't deal with this Right now. Can you please leave?" I asked them and sat back onto the bed.

"Kaylee we're really sorry." The man spoke out before escorting the two of them out of the room. Since I don't know who those people really are they don't deserve to have mom and dad said from my mouth.

After the whole conversation with the people went down I couldn't stand it no longer. I stood up, holding my stomach because I was pretty sore, and slid my pole thing with me that keeps my heart rate and other stuff onto it, I rode the elevator down and headed towards the cafeteria. Nathan is back in the room watching Ruth.

I sat outside on a bench just out of mind. I wondered what my real mom and dad looked like? I wondered, will I ever see them again?

These people who gave me money, a car, a brother, popularity, and a stable home should they still be deserved for me to call them my parents, even though they have been keeping it a secret for 18 years?

"Hello dear, may I sit with you?" an older women with a cane in her hand asked me with a pretty smile. She was so cute. As I noticed she had beautiful white bright hair pulled into a neat bun and she was dressed very nicely.

"Yes ma'am." I said looking up at her. She sat down and brung her purse into her lap securing it safely.

"You okay, sweetheart?" She asked me after I took a deep sigh. I looked over at her.

"Oh, I'm- I'm great." I shuddered hoping she wouldn't ask anymore. "Did you just have a baby?" She asked. That question made a lump in my throat and a heartburn make Its way through my chest.

"Yes I did. How did you know?"

"From the way, your stomach is, the color of your hospital gown, and your wrist tag says labor unit." She said pointing. For a second I thought this women was joking.

"Oh, I remember those days." She looked off at something in the distance. It was a parked car. Why does the elderly tend to get your attention at nonsense. It always gets me of course.

"You have kids, grandkids?" I asked.

She pressed her lips together and took out her phone and showed me a picture of two older women.

"This one is named Megan. She is the oldest. She has two boys and another on the way. I love them boys. The other one is named Macy. When she was 18 she put her baby up for adoption. And my grand baby was only one years old. Till now she still doesn't have kids, but she is married thank god." The women said. I smiled.

That made my mind fresh. Her daughter had a baby at 18 but gave her up for adoption only at 1. I was giving up for adoption at one.

"Well it's was nice talking to you honey. This old hunk Aint gonna be waiting forever." She pointed to an older man driving a van. I laughed as she entered the van and drove away.

This has really got my mind all over it. Guess I will have to do more research on... Myself.

               *2 days later*

We are finally out of the hospital and now heading back home. I will never forget that moment two days ago.

"Kaylee?" Nathan said my name after we had settled down in the living room. Ruth was sleep upstairs. Our dog, Buddy, came and jumped in my lap. It was so cute.

I looked up at Nathan. "What?" I asked calmly looking out of the window.

"Are you okay?" He rubbed my back. I then asked myself was everything over?

"Yes. I'm fine. Just.. Really tired." I said and stood up to go into our room upstairs.

First I checked on Ruth and walked over to kiss her, then slowly went into our room.

As I was only a few minutes of laying there, Nathan walked in and laid next to me putting his arm around my waist and pulling me close.

"I love you, Kaylee." He kissed my forehead. A forced smile made it's way across my face and my heart melted. "I love you too, Nathan."

Here I have everything. In the beginning I didn't know what I was getting myself into. But since then I have grown up and only because I am a mom. Nathan will always be the one for me and Ruth. And I'm happy.

So I'll just push aside the fact that my parents aren't really my parents and just let it go. I thought they were going to kill me when they found out I was pregnant. Yeah, I'll let them have another chance one day but until then. I want to know who my real parents are. And I know exactly where to start.

And the only one that took my heart. My country baby, by a true country southern gentleman is all I want right now.

_______________________________
I want to thank you guys for reading the story and staying with me. Yeah, it may have been boring but I really enjoyed it. Maybe in the later I'll add more chapters showing them their life in the future. Like when Ruth is older. But thanks for reading and thank you for the comments and votes for you guys who did that. And those who Just read also! Just that you know everything. Well, I love you guys and please go check out my new book when it is published. 'Forgive and never forget.'

Once again thanks for everything!! Bye guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!