Chapter 18

*2 days later*

It was shocking to know that Miracle was pregnant. I had to take it in. All those thoughts running through my head tells me something. It gives me a sign. But I don't really know what it's telling me.

I was sitting in my room getting ready to go out to dinner with grandpa. We haven't been out together in a while and I just thought we should hang out and do something.

He called my name and I assumed he was ready. When I walked down the stairs, he was standing there playing with the keys.

"You look pretty." He said. Why, it's just a simple outfit. Which is a pair of white shorts, a pink v-neck t-shirt, and a pair of crystal sandals.

"Well.. Thanks grandpa. You look very.. Casual as always." I laughed at his look everyday. He and Nathan wore the same thing everyday. A pair of boot-cut jeans, a white t-shirt or a camo jacket, with boots. Its cute though.

We got in his truck and rode into town to a restaurant.

Once we ordered we sat down outside. It was quiet so I decided to break the silence.

"How have you been lately?" I said putting my hair behind my ear.

"Oh. Working on the farm, hanging with my friends. Its been crazy. I know you've been going to school, and with miracle being in the hospital." He said. I nodded in agreement. We talked for a while, ate, then went home.

*That night*

Tomorrow is the day we find out the gender of our baby. Nathan is so excited. Therefore, me on the other hand I'm pretty nervous. I thought that I would be up in age finding out the sex of my first child, but hey.. Things happen.

Me and Nathan was in the living room talking about names for the baby. He's been over for about 2 hours now.

"How about Sarah or Hannah for a girl?" I said pulling my legs under me. He thought for a second. "Babe, those are common names. How about something not many people have..." He started thinking really hard which made me laugh.

Grandpa came in from out of nowhere. "How about Ruth? I mean that's not a very common name. And it's very extraordinary and special." He smiled. I really liked it. It makes me feel really happy for some reason. It did make me feel special.

"I like it." Nathan turned to me. Suddenly I noticed why he wanted her name to be Ruth. Tears came to my eyes.

"That was grandma's middle name." I said with a smile wiping my tears away. He smiled and walked upstairs. It was silent for a while until Nathan said something.

"What about a name for a boy?" He said. I sighed and put my head on his shoulder. "Ricky, Mason... Carter. I don't know. I want a girl though. But even if we have a boy I'll love him the same." My smile brightened. Nathan let out a laugh which made me really happy.

"Me too." Was all he said. Well I guess Tomorrow is the moment of truth. May be a girl. May be a boy. I'm so filled with excitement but I'm really nervous when it comes to big events like this one.

*Next day*

I was going to the doctor instead of a school today with Nathan. I've missed school so much lately and cannot wait for it to be over. Good thing it's soon. Hopefully.

Nathan came and picked me up so we were now riding in the truck in silence to the women's clinic. Nathan seen my leg bouncing non-stop but he stopped it by placing his hand on it and telling me it's gonna be okay. I hope he's right.

When we walk in the smell of peppermint hit my noise and the sound of crying babies ringed in my ears. We walked up to the registration office and they made me feel out a form wanting me to tell my information and what I'm here for today. I quickly did that and in less than 15 minutes they called me to the back. We walked down to a hall and the nurse took my weight, height, and belly length for what so ever.

Once we did all that me and Nathan was placed in a colorful room with a bed and a machine beside it with a little screen, and along with 2 chairs placed beside the bed. Nathan sat in one and I hopped on the bed letting my feet dangle.

"You excited?" I asked him. He nodded his head with that same smile on his face he's had all morning. "Are you?" He spoke.

"Kind of. I'm really nervous." I sighed. He took my hand and kissed it. "Everything's gonna be fine Kaylee."

"I know." After I said that the doctor came in along with a clipboard and a nurse.

"Good morning Miss Thompson. How are you?" She said very brightly. Is she always this chirpy in the morning.

"I'm okay. Sore, but I'll make it." I told her. She nodded and placed gloves on her hands.

"Your in your second stage of the pregnancy. Your going to be sore. Back. Feet. Legs." She named and turned on the monitor beside me.

"I believe you have came to know the most exciting part about the pregnancy." She smiled placing the gel I'm used to on my stomach.

"Uhhh, yes. We are." I took Nathan's hand. She started moving the thing around on my belly then showing us our baby. Me and Nathan waited for her to speak. Finally she opened her mouth.

"Congratulations. You are having a..."

-------------------------------------------------
Hey guys. You don't like the cliffhanger do you. So I was thinking I would give the sex of the baby out the next chapter along with them having a baby shower. K? Lol. Well keep reading, vote, comment and stay in touch! Love you guysss...