Chapter 22

After we gathered around the dining room, sat, and then ate Mrs. Wright placed me in a chair beside the gift table. It was so many gifts that it filled all around the circular table.

"Those are a lot of gifts." Miracle said as she took a seat beside me. I smiled.

After I was done opening the beautiful gifts from everybody we all headed outside and I had a blindfold around my eyes. I kind of got scared but then grandpa and Nathan was on each side me.

Finally after about 2 minutes they uncovered my eyes and there stood on the back of Nathan's truck, a wooden crib with the name of our daughter. It said 'Ruth Eden Ford' carved at the top of the crib in pink letters. It was so sweet that I almost started crying.

We decided for her to take after his last name since he's the father.

Tears of joy started forming in my eyes. "This is.. Amazing. She'll love it! Oh god.. Thank you guys." I hugged Nathan and then grandpa. "Oh and another thing, Kaylee. I and Nathan want to talk to you about something?" Grandpa smiled at me taking my hand. I looked up at him, "Sure... What is it?"

He looked at Nathan. "Well.. Your grandpa here and I were talking a few weeks ago about you. About you moving in with me. But it's all your decision. Up to you. But we just thought that Ruth should be in a stable home, with both of her parents. But you have plenty of time before she comes to decide what you want to do?" He said. I smiled. That's a great idea. "You know what.. I was actually thinking the same thing a few days ago."

"Really? So.. What do you say?" Nathan stepped closer to me.

I nodded and tears fell down my face. I'm so happy right now!

I checked out the crib for a bit and then we all headed back inside to have some cake.

My mom did a great job on the cake. She got the best around. It was a 3 layered cake. All white with pink flowers covering it and had Ruth's full name on the top. They hid it in the back so no one could see what were having. I'm so happy right now it's unbelievable.

Once the baby shower was over a few people stayed and helped us clean up, then we locked the place down leaving it how we found it. This was a great turn out for real.

I got to know way more about Miracles new boyfriend Bradley. Turns out he's a really cool guy. Goes to college to become a doctor, has his own place not far from the town, and he loves Miracle. And she's really happy. So I'm happy for her.

Well, grandpa is leaving out of town with his friend tonight. They will be gone for a week. Its fishing season so they'll be around the state trying to catch some good fish. And my dad, mom, brother and savanna left an hour ago. It was sad to watch them leave but they said they would come back around the time the baby will be here.

Meanwhile, I'm watching the house. But I'll be living with Nathan now and I couldn't be more happy. So I'll just be checking on the house a few while grandpa's gone.

When we got to Nathan's house I immediately took off my shoes, jean jacket and had Nathan untie my dress then went upstairs to his room to take a shower.

When I got out I got a pair of his boxers and a big t-shirt, because mine don't fit very much, then hopped in bed and turned on ABC family. Right then my favorite show came on. Young and Hungry. Its so... Interesting to me.

As I was in the middle of the show Nathan came out of the bathroom and jumped on the bed making me laugh.

"Hello my wonderful girls." He said kissing me and then my belly. It was so cute.

He softly and slowly rubbed my side's of my belly and got on his knees then started talking to her.

"Hello baby. This is your daddy speaking," He started and I laughed. "Me and mommy and everyone else can't wait till you get here. I want to hold you in my arms and cuddle you so bad. Your going to look just as beautiful as your mom. Your gonna have lots of fun with us. I just know it. Now, I know your sleeping right now and I'm about to do the same. I love you so much baby Ruth. Daddy will always love you. Goodnight beautiful." He said and kissed my belly at the end making me almost burst into tears. But I kept them back.

"Two more months?" I whispered to him as he laid on the other side of the bed pulling me close as we watched tv. He kissed my forehead and I felt him smile.

"Two more months." He copied me. I fell asleep as the warmth of his body took over me. I love this man.

             *Next morning*

When I woke up I smelled some pancakes and the sound of country music coming from the kitchen. I knew it was Nathan.

Walking downstairs I seen him dancing around the kitchen with the spatula and I couldn't help but laugh. He turned around and seen me standing in the door frame.

After turning down the music he walked over to me and pulled me by my waist. "Good morning beautiful mommy." He said.

"Hello amazing daddy." I laughed and kissed him.

We let go and he walked over to the stove where the food was cooking. I sat at the table placed in the middle of the kitchen and started fidgeting with the table.

"Since.. You know, we are living together now. I think we should use the extra bedroom upstairs as Ruth's room. We could take the extra furniture out and place them in the storage, then paint the walls.. Move in some things maybe? Like a changing table, rocking chair, couch, a book shelf." I shrugged. He laughed and turned to me.

"I was thinking the same thing baby." He walked over to me.

I smiled and kissed him, "This is why I love you."

"I love you too." He said after kissing me again.

------------------------------------
Heyy people!! How's the story treating you guys.. Well I want to thank you for every single read, comment, and vote. It makes me look like I'm doing something great!! I love you guys and keep reading. Look forward to the next update.