Chapter 19~ Dusk

The day flew by like a breeze!

Occasionally, they would run into another group and have to put on an act.

But when they ran into Syo....

"Tokiya! Ittoki!" Syo said excitedly, walking up to the couple.

"Oh, Syo! Where are Natsuki and Cecil?" Ittoki asked, looking around, trying to spot a the two.

"Oh. They decided to go on the ferris wheel. I was interested in something faster..."

"Fair enough..." Ichinose said, nodding slightly as he looked down. A little disappointed they couldn't just be by themselves.

"So what are you two up to?" He asked awkwardly. He wasn't quite sure how to react around Ittoki and Ichinose anymore. Should he be normal? A little on guard? Worried? He didn't know, but what he did know was that he was happy that they had found something special.

"We're wandering around, maybe going to go on a rollercoaster soon!" Ittoki beamed.

"Sweet!" Syo looked around slightly and made his decision, "Well, I have to go now. Im trying to get on the Typhoon before it closes for the day!" He called, running off through the crowd.

"The Typhoon?" Ittoki asked as he waved goodbye to Syo.

"Its the biggest rollercoaster here... Syo did say he wanted something faster..." Ichinose said, looking up again.

He clapped his hand on Ittoki's shoulder, and smiled warmly.

"Lets go"

They walked off, leaving their spot and the conversation with Syo in the past.

The hours seemed to fly by. They had done so much but it barely felt like any time at all!

Ittoki had won a big stuffed penguin, they had gone on Typhoon multiple times, they bought some funnel cakes and listened to Maji Love 2000% blaring at the food carts.Ichinose had to hold onto Ittoki's leg tightly to keep him from getting up to dance, but deep down, he really wanted to dance too.

Before the knew it, it was dusk.

"Hey Ichinose?" ttoki asked after taking a big gulp of his slushie.

"What is it?"

"Can we go on the ferris wheel next?"

"Oh, I guess... " Ichinose wasnt to fond of ferris wheels. They were big and slow and he always worried that the hinges would come undone and it would roll away with him in it. He knew it was highly unlikely, but it always nagged him.

"Oh. Do you not want to go?"

"No no... its fine... If Im with you, Ill be okay" Ichinose smiled sweetly at Ittoki.

They quickly made their way over to the ferris wheel, trying to get there before the carnival closed for the night. Also, Ichinose wanted it over with as soon as possible.

As they climbed into the car of the ride, the door shut and Ichinose jumped slightly. He was trembling a bit and Ittoki sighed.

"Theres nothing to be afraid of. Here..." Ittoki scooted over on the seat he was on, "Sit on thi side with me."

"But won't it..."

Ittoki interrupted him, "Nothing will happen. Were going to be fine."

Ichinose took a deep breath, letting it out ever so slowly. He stood up and took one step towards the redhead.

The ride jolted a bit as it started, tossing Ichinose onto Ittoki's lap, "What was that?!"

"Relax. The motors were just starting up..."Ittoki chuckled quietly at Ichinose. He wasn't used to this side of him yet. Normally he was so, tough guy exterior or... Ittoki blushed.

"Dont laugh! Its not funny!"

"Im not laughing that you're scared... Im laughing cause you're cute."

"What?" Ichinose could feel his face heating up. He crawled off Ittoki's lap and sat next to him instead.

"Yeah. You're cute!"

"I dont think that's the right..."

"Oh look were at the top!" Ittoki looked around, taking in the bird's eye view of the surrounding area, "It beautiful..." He said, looking off into the sky.

Ichinose sighed.

"What is it?"

"You can't just say something cute like that while staring at the sky!" He teased.

"Why not?"

"Cause it makes me want to do this."