Let's Play

Tabitha

We get to the beach and Erik starts talking to his friends leaving me standing there with his buddies who start hitting on me.

Hey baby, maybe I can take you out some time.

One guy asks.

Hey dollface why did Erik leave you over here with us? Doesn't he want to keep you to himself. How about you and I get outta here?

Another tries and they keep on coming but I keep blowing them off until Finally I got tired of it.

Dang! Are any of you guys Erik's true friends? Stop trying to pick me up. I'm not here for you and I'm not giving any up so back off!

I walk away but Erik's hot on my trail. He grabs my arm spinning me around to face him.

Hey, what was that all about?

I huff as I pull away.

You know you have some really crappy friends. Nearly all of them just tried to get me to ditch you for them and it wasn't the two you were talking to. And to think I was gonna set my friends up with those creeps. Ugh...

I rant as Erik looks back at his friends then back at me.

The two guys I was talking to are my friends Peter and Alex. I barely know the others.

I frown then someone taps my shoulder so I turn to look.

Hey we're here.

Jess says so I look at Erik who sighs then takes off to his buddies.

Do any of you know how to play football? I just met his friends and they need to be taught a lesson about respect.

I explain what just happened and we discuss how much we know. Then agree we know just enough to play against them.

Erik returns bringing the ball with him.

Okay where will we be playing ladies?

He asks so we look at him confused.

Where you guys always play, where else?

He looks at me and grins.

Well they're playing there, so...

I nod now understanding.

Ladies let's play ball. We're gonna kick your butts.

I tell him sportingly but he laughs.

Ohh, bring it on baby... I love a challenge.

He taunts.

Well consider yourself challenged.

He smiles mischievously.

Oh baby, challenge excepted.

He jogs over to the guys who gladly except while we put our bags down and line up. The guys grab and grope but they focus on us instead of the game so we start winning until Erik gets on them, making them focus more and they catch up so I call a huddle.