Bye Bye Birthday

Tabitha

So I've spent a lot of time at the hospital with Tanner and he's getting out today but the girls party is today so I'm going to see him and Abby then I've got to zip home to get us ready. We're doing a modeling session over by my pond with the kids and Jupiter says we may do some by the cars to if the other models show up.

Renee can you watch the kids while I go see Tanner and Abby? He's getting out and I don't want them underfoot.

She frowns.

Sorry, I can't today I'm taking Tommy and Annabel to the park and seven's to many when it's just me. I'm sure Will would.

I groan not wanting to call him.

Yeah I guess. Thanks.

I call Will who rushes over with Maddie.

Now stay here with them. No road trips and no swimming.

He chuckles and rushes me away. I hurry to the hospital and go straight to Abby who's now off the meds but she's still comatose. I talk to her telling her that her daddy loves her and he's coming soon but I'll be right here until then.

Don't promise my daughter something you can't live up to.

I turn to look at Tanner standing in the doorway with a walker.

I'd never do that. I'll always be here for her.

I complain as he smiles so I smack his arm.

Hey, I have very few uninjured areas. Please don't be injuring them.

He chuckles as he holds his side then walks over to see Abigail.

Oh my poor baby. Daddies here sugar.

And that's all it took, she kicked her little legs and opened her eyes. So I go get the doctor while Tanner holds her hand. They check her and do test while we sit and watch. After they're done she's moved to a regular room for twenty-four hour observation. I start to leave but Tanner grabs my hand.

Tabby, I meant it. I want to be with you. We're good together.

I half smile looking at Abby.

How about we get through this first and see where we are.

He grins but holds my hand.

But I want you now and I always have. Abby should've been our daughter.

He pushes but after Bo and Erik I'm scared.

I'm sorry Tanner. It's just, I...

He gets irritated.

You what? Just tell me. Do you not like me or don't I attract you? What is it this time? Please just tell me.

He's not rude but he's straight forward. He just wants an honest answer. I walk to the door and look at him knowing I'm visibly upset.

Erik came back then left us again. Then the other day I went home and Bo tried to rape me, in my side yard. I'm sorry that I can't trust a man right now but I have been trying. It's not that I don't want to, I've just been hurt to much. I thought you understood. I'll see you tomorrow.

I open the door as he gets up but he's slow right now so I just leave, forcing a smile at his parents as we pass but they can tell I'm not happy by the look on their faces but I head on home for the girls birthday party. I pull in but there's already a crowd including Jupiter who's already taking pictures.