Homebound

Tabitha

Baby it's time to get up. You said you had to leave by noon didn't you?

I look up at him but my body hurts. I don't tell him though I don't want him to worry. I would have to be born with screwed up blood and joints. I groan as I pull the cover up. He laughs thinking I'm playing but it hurts to move. He shakes me but I grab his hand and squeeze to stop him. He pulls away pulling the cover off but when I don't try to grab the cover he knows something's wrong so he stops playing and slides over to me covering me up.

Baby what's wrong?

I shake my head.

I just need a minute. I over did myself yesterday.

He looks under the cover at my body the pushes my hair back but there's no signs of trouble.

Did I hurt you?

He ask concerned but I laugh lightly then start to get up but I pop and crack as I move.

No, it's part of the hemophilia. I'm sorry, I was hoping you wouldn't have to see me this way.

He gently pulls me to him holding me on his lap.

I want to know everything about you. The good and the bad. If you hurt don't hide it from me. I don't want to make it worse.

I smile and agree.

Okay well... You know what you can do to help?

He looks at me so I point to my bag.

I need my medicine.

He smiles then sits me down. He gets up grabbing the small bag handing it to me. I open it and start pulling out the medicines I need while he sits there. I grab the old tea on the night stand and down the pills. He grins then brings my bag over to the bed. I slip on my bra then grab my black, white and grey dress. I pull my panties on as I stand up. Then slip into my dress afterwards I throw my medicine bag into my bigger bag. Only keeping my pain meds with me in my purse. I put on my heels then start to grab my bag but Erik grabs it but he stays silent while watches me like he's observing everything I do.

I'll get that babe. I already took mine out.

I let him take it while I grab my wax machine then head to my truck. When we get outside a white car pulls up and little Freddie gets out. He runs over laying his things down and gives Erik a fist bump then nearly attacks me. Erik reaches but I put my hand up stopping him. I see Rob walk out but he just watches as I hug Freddy and tell him to do good in school that I'll miss him. I kiss his forehead before he takes off it's the freezes when he sees his dad with stitches but Rob takes him inside as Erik opens my truck door.

Baby do you want me to take you home? I can have one of the guys follow and...

I cut him off.

No baby, I'm okay. My medicine's helping and I can sit up to drive.

I start to get in my truck when he kisses me. I hold tight to the front of his shirt. I don't want to go back yet. I don't want to be the outsider again so I kiss him, hugging him to me not wanting to let him go until he pulls away.

Baby if you felt better, we'd both have to climb in that truck right now.

I smile pleased by his reaction.

Oh, who said I wasn't up for that.

I smile as he lifts me to my seat and climbs in with me.