You dont want to know the truth

He curls up on the bed knowing he will have to get out soon for school despite the fact that he got no sleep last night after all the pain.

-hour later-

Lovino jolted awake to the usual slamming of a door. What a surprise his father left without coming up this morning and saying something. Lovino rolled over and pain seared throughout his body. He cried out as tears went down his cheeks. The session was so much longer last night and he had dried blood all over his body.

He stumbled to the bathroom and got in the shower. He cried as he washed himself, his entire body on fire when the water hit him. He just wanted the pain gone. He didn't want to be here. He wanted to end it all. All the pain and misery. He didn't believe there was any hope for himself ever. So what was the point of enduring all this pain?

Those thoughts continued as he finished his shower, drying his body off and carefully as he can as every spot stung in pain. He changed into a cozy fuzzy warm coffee colored sweater shirt. That's what he wore most days was long sleeved sweater shirts, coats, scarves, anything to hide the painful reminders. Then he pulled on jeans which hurt to bend over when he did so.

He stumbled downstairs, the pain had just become a painful dull aching all over at this point.

But he was starving, and he needed to go to school. He got himself a breakfast of toast with tomato slices on it and devoured it along with a cup of milk. He then had a bowl of cereal. He was really hungry.

Once he finished he quickly grabbed his bag of school things and sprinted out the door he couldn't be late but he was in so much pain just running across the house. He sprinted out and sees of course Antonio. He was running late as well.

"Ahah Lovi you're going to school as well and your late?" Antonio asked breathless as he ran over to Lovino.

"Y-yeah" he muttered.

"Would you uh mind accompanying me to school?" The Spanish boy asks in the most irresistible voice on the earth. Literally if anyone heard it they'd give in.

So of course Lovino gave in.

"Uh sure" he mumbles as he began speed walking next to Antonio.

"How are you this morning Lovi?" He asks.

Lovino gave up on the telling him that's not his name and just shrugged.

"Like every morning" he responded a simple neutral answer. Neutral answers were always easier for him because then it technically wasn't lying.

"And every morning is?" Antonio pushed further truly wanting to know how his morning was.

Lovino was silent for a second. No one actually went further then that until now if they asked him a question.

"It's great" he said quietly. Now that was a lie but he couldn't tell Antonio the truth he just couldn't.

"Well that's good!" The boy said happily and continued on starting on a long conversation about Spanish food. He hadn't realized that small yet big lie Lovino just told him.

Lovino just listens to him talking the whole way to school. Lovino occasionally spoke with a nod or when Antonio asked him a question. Most questions were things he liked or his favorite stuff. Until Antonio asked him about his friends.

"So what're your friends like?" An innocent question. Anybody should be able to answer this and go on and on about how great and awesome their friends are. Or how annoying they are or anything. They should at least have someone they could talk about. But Lovino? Couldn't name one person to talk about. Not one.