Bandages

-I'm so sorry I've been caught up in school work everyone!! Gah I feel terrible it's been so long since I've updated. But I'm constantly getting writers block and I struggled a little with the chapter but pulled through. I'm hoping to get the next chapter out asap, and I'm planning the ending to be soon but not too too soon :)-

A few days passed.

Antonio would come and check on Lovino in the hospital but the most he would ever say was, "Sorry for interrupting, just checking on you" and stay a bit before leaving to do God knows what.

Lovino wished he'd go back to his normal self but he knew after what had happened that things don't fix themselves like that. Bandages can't seal cuts. But then again Lovino was getting fed up of this silence between them. He needed to say something even if it hurt to speak to him. He wasn't sure whether he should believe Antonio or not. He shook his head. Why was he doubting Antonio so much?? A voice in his head was telling him that it wouldn't work out. That this love thing going on between the two of them wouldn't last and that it was useless to even try. He began tearing up at the thought.

Just then there was a knock at the hospital door. He jumped slightly, looking over at the door.

"Yes.....?" He whispered trying to hold back from flat out bawling. He assumed the unexpected guest was simply a nurse but to his surprise that wasn't true.

"May I come in?" The familiar Spanish accent filled his ears. The sound was bitter sweet, attempting to suck up all his forming tears as he quickly rubbed his eyes with the thin material that was considered 'blankets'.

"Y-yeah.." Lovino finally choked the words out.

There was a bit of shuffling around outside the door, before a small turn of the knob revealed Antonio's messy brown hair. His eyes trailed down a bit to his face, noticing the usual smile gone. Actually it had been gone the past couple days now. It was so foreign and weird, Lovino hated it. He wished he wasn't so in love with Antonio, it was his weakness. It would be the death of him. He also took note of the fact that his face seemed rather dull, as if the life and happiness was slowly being sucked out of him. Lovino frowns and found himself looking away.

Antonio let out a small sigh and gently closed the door, walking over and taking a seat beside Lovino. He gave him his respective space, green eyes slowly gazing at Lovino's figure as Lovino was turned away from him.

"How are you feeling..?" Antonio asked gently and softly. Despite how Lovino could sense the sadness just by Antonio's looks Antonio still forced a small smile and attempted to be as selfless as possible.

"I'm feeling okay.." He muttered in response, feeling those tears he'd sucked in earlier forming again.

Silence.

"Well.. I guess I should be going then.." Antonio whispered after the long pause of silence.

Lovino didn't respond. He stayed still, feeling Antonio stand up. He only glanced over a little. Everything inside his body was screaming 'Tell him to stay'. Yet it was as if his mouth was sealed shut and completely impossible with the lump in his throat.

Antonio took slow, steady steps to the door. Only after he'd made it to the door did he glance back at Lovino.

"Bye Lovi.." He whispered.

Lovino's eyes widened, not able to control a couple tears from falling. He hated that word. Absolutely hated it. And he hated this whole thing. He wished he could just crawl into a hole, curl up, and die. He knew it sounded childish. He'd been told plenty of times by plenty of others how childish his thoughts were.. But he couldn't control the demons inside him. They wanted him dead and he felt as if each day the demons got closer and closer to getting what they want.

Antonio slowly turned away and stepped out the door.

"W-wait.." Lovino finally blurted out in a stutter. His face was a mess of tears, a little snot running from his nose. Don't even mention his usually straight hair was all over the place.

Antonio slowly turned to gaze at the Italian, eyebrows furrowing slowly. He was surprised nevertheless to have the other speak to him let alone cry like this.

Antonio slowly walked back over to him.

"Yes..?" He murmurs softly, looking at him with sorrow.

"D..d-don't.....g-g....o.. Pl...ease.." Lovino sniffles and sobbed a little, looking away immediately.

Antonio was the only one who brought him joy in this world. He couldn't lose him. He wanted to believe Antonio and believe every word he told him. He really did. It was just hard, so hard.

Antonio's eyes widen a little at Lovino's words but he slowly nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed beside him.

"If that's what you truly want Lovino.." He murmurs.

Lovino stayed silent a second which felt like forever to Antonio, before looking at him again.

"Y-yes.." He whispered "I-I.. Wanna.. Believe you.." Lovino says breaking Antonio's gaze once again.

Antonio slowly placed a hand on Lovino's hesitant to do so since he believed Lovino would pull away. Though Lovino didn't.

Antonio let out a small relief sigh and gently smiled "I'll do my best to make you believe me.." Antonio whispered as he squeezed his hand softly.

Lovino nodded quietly frowning "I.. I.. Upset you.." He mumbles.

The other simply shook his head "It's okay.. I still love you.. I honestly thought you wouldn't want to talk to me.. And that.. Well.. Once you could leave here you wouldn't come and see me ever again.. But I couldn't let that happen.. I don't want to ever lose you.." Antonio explains having a little hope in his eyes as he leans over and gently wiped Lovino's tears away.

"I-I.. Still love you too.. I'm just unsure.. I want to trust you again.. But.."

"But you're scared" Antonio finished for him.

"And I understand. But I'm going to make it up to you, okay? Believe it or not I love you and I'll show you" Antonio says gently rubbing Lovino's delicate hand. He wanted to kiss his cheek but figured that might be taking it too far since they were just beginning to warm up to each other again and Lovino probably needed time.

Lovino slowly nodded and relaxed a little, closing his eyes and simply focusing on Antonio. He was just glad he spoke up and was able to bandage a couple things up.

He could only hope the bandages would hold.