Open heart

Ow... Bright..

Was Lovino's first thought.

The Italian's eyes slowly opened only to squint. He took a moment to look at his surroundings as he recalled what had happened the other day.

'Wait it was the next day right?'

He wasn't positive.

He slowly shut his eyes again, leaning back before someone enters the room. He immediately opened his eyes to see who it was, blinking as his vision focused in on Antonio.

Antonio's eyes widened stepping over to sit beside Lovino.

"You uh.. You're awake?" Antonio asks softly and calmly, lightly biting his lip when Lovino didn't respond other than turning his head to look the other way.

The tanner hand slowly rested over his olive skinned hand, causing the Italian to flinch and pull his hand away.

"I'm so sorry Lovi.. I-i didn't my best to protect you.." Antonio whispered.

Lovino glared at him, mustering up as much anger as he could.

"You're a fucking ASSHOLE. You're a liar it's bullshit! All of it!" He yelled at him, tears slipping down Lovino's cheeks.

"You left! You disappeared! You let him do it! You let it happen! You're a piece of shit, it was all a lie.. You don't actually love me! Nobody does! You pitied me and you finally had enough of me! J-just leave me the fuck alone, I don't want your pity!" The Italian choked out in utter anger and sadness.

Antonio's eyes widened, feeling the liquid slide down his cheeks as well.

"L-Lovino.. You're wrong.. You have it all wrong.." The Spaniard whispered slowly standing up.

Lovino looked away slowly, falling silent other than the small sobs escaping his lips. He pulled the thin hospital blankets over himself so he didn't have to see Antonio. He couldn't.

"Lovino. You don't have to believe me, actually you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Just know I'd do anything to have you believe and trust me again"

"Th-then do somethi-.." Lovino cut in but Antonio continued speaking.

"The moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one for me. It was a sudden rush of feeling I felt towards you, in that instant my heart beat for you. Suddenly I couldn't stop thinking about you. Suddenly I wanted to see you more and talk and hang out. Suddenly I wanted to do everything with you. In that moment my heart decided you were the one to take it and do with what you want with it. I fell in love with you before I knew your past and what your life is and was like. Maybe you don't believe in love at first sight but for me that happened. No I never pitied you and I never will. I actually love you" he look in a breath as tears flowed from his eyes constantly. He was throwing all of himself out in the open for Lovino.

"As we became closer I only seemed to fall more and more in love with you. Every aspect of your personality I began to adore and cherish. You are my everything Lovino.. I know a lot about you but there's so much more to learn about you.. I want to know everything about you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're not some fling or little play toy to me you carry my heart everywhere you go." Antonio sniffles a little by the end of his speech "Whether you believe me or not I want a life time with you.. Please forgive me Lovino.. I tried my best to stop him from getting to you.. I'm so sorry for letting you down.. I-I.." Antonio turns away as he began crying more "I should probably go.." He whispered as he couldn't look back to see Lovino's expression, scared of what it would be. He quickly left the room before Lovino could get a word in and hurried out of the hospital.

Lovino couldn't believe his ears. His heart pounded with a mix of emotions as he cried. Every word hitting home with Lovino. He was shocked. Speechless.

"N-no Toni..o.." He whimpered quietly once the other had left. He stared at the door for what seemed like ages, crying his eyes out as he hoped to see Antonio walk back through that white door.

After he'd cried his heart out he lie motionless, staring at the sealing. He hated how plain and white the room was. He wished there was something nicer to look at. Something prettier. He was beginning to get a headache from the white all over. Or maybe it was his crying that had caused that. He wasn't positive, though he was leaning more towards the white room than his crying. God knows Lovino did not want to admit how much he'd been crying.

After lying in the terribly uncomfortable hospital bed for what seemed like years to Lovino, he found himself drifting off into sleep with his thoughts on Antonio...

-maybe some of you caught the foreshadowing in this chapter?? Maybe you didn't~ hope you enjoyed Antonio's monologue for Lovino though-