Can you say it?

Antonio took slow quiet steps up to his bedroom where he believed Lovino was sleeping.

He stepped into the bedroom to see the lights off and a beautiful Italian lying in his bed with the blankets over all of him other than his head.

He took a seat next to the 'sleeping' Lovino.

Lovino of course wasn't sleeping but only pretending too since he was just writing in his diary.

Antonio looked at him for a few minutes with a gentle smile. He leaned over and ran his hand through Lovino's hair softly.

Oh how he loved to do that. Whenever he touched Lovino it made his hands feel special and warm. And when he pulled his hands back they stung and it didn't feel right if they were there.

He felt so protective over him like if he wasn't near him something would happen and he'd feel guilt.

He continued gently stroking Lovino's head and hair. So silky and soft. Slowly Antonio leaned over and placed a sweet kiss against Lovino's temple.

He wanted to say those words to him. Maybe he could now that Lovino was sleeping. Or maybe he couldn't.

"Buenas noches cariño" he whispered softly into Lovino's ear.

Lovino heard his words and melted inside. Lovino did his best to seem asleep but couldn't help it when he blinked his eyes open. He just really wanted to see Antonio.

Antonio's eyes widened when he saw that Lovino was now awake but quickly relaxed his surprise and gently smiled.

"I didn't know you were awake~" he chuckled lightly.

"S-sorry.." Lovino mumbles glancing away.

"No no it's okay. Are you sleeping alright? I can stay here until you fall asleep if you're scared" Antonio said in a caring tone.

Lovino lightly blushes thinking before giving in slowly and nodding softly.

Antonio smiles glad to help as he scooted a bit closer to make himself comfortable as well as Lovino.

He gently moved his arm around Lovino's shoulders.

"If it helps you can rest on my lap"

Lovino blushes more at the offer but doesn't deny or argue it. Instead allows him to bring Lovino's head to his lap.

Lovino relaxed his head into his lap and curled up a bit closer.

Antonio pulled the fuzzy blanket closer around Lovino as well as pulling it over part of himself as well.

Antonio gently ran his fingers through Lovino's soft hair in a calming manner to help him sleep. He looked down at him watching the younger teen close his eyes and relax.

They stayed in this position just Lovino slowly falling asleep while Antonio stroking his hair with one hand while the other placed on Lovino's back, carefully stroking his back in a gentle and smooth comforting pattern.

Lovino found himself falling slowly deeper and deeper into sleep as Antonio's touches were his heaven. What kept him sane. What kept him alive at this very moment.

-time skip-

Lovino awoke to find that Antonio was still there, his arms gently placed around Lovino. He felt so safe and warm it made him not want to move.

Antonio was there, his eyes gently closed as his chest slowly moved up and down with the light snores coming from his mouth.

Since Antonio was sleeping Lovino let himself giggle at the others figure.