Chapter 7.

I flipped the telly off, and slid under my covers. How could I have not known, how could I have been so oblivious to all of this? I feel so incredibly stupid.

My phone vibrated from the other end of my bed. I closed my eyes tightly, and curled myself up into the fetal position. No matter how amazing it is to find out you're so close to Harry Styles, you still feel a little bit of pain inside because you had no idea. These two different people are now just one person. 

My phone continued to vibrate for 5 minutes, before it went silent. I wiped the dripping mascara from my cheeks, and got out of bed. "You're okay Claire, why are you crying? It's not that big of a deal." I tell myself, even though I barely believe it.

Once again my phone goes off, and I finally grab it. It's a text from Harry.

"Claire why aren't you answering? I shouldn't have lied, I'm sorry. Please forgive me .xx" 

So many thoughts are racing through my head right now. I like him, I like him so much, but I can't date or even be this close to Harry Styles. It will end in heart break. What relationship with a celebrity doesn't? 

I fumble my fingers around the keys of my phone before I decide to reply.

"I forgive you, but I'm so confused right now. I really need to see you so we can talk. Please xxxx" 

Even though I'm not sure what I'm going to say, all I know is we need to talk. About us. We aren't officially dating, and nor do I want to be. I've only known him a couple days, and now I finally do know him. More than just the 19 year old in a beanie and trench coat.

"Was already on my way over. Be there in 10 minutes or so..... .xx Sorry" 

I rubbed my temples with my fingers, I don't think I've been under this much stress in a long time. "Honey, we need to talk.." My mum calls from her room. I sigh, and leave my room. "Coming."

My mum is sitting on her bed, with her hands crossed over her legs. "Were you watching the One Direction interview?" She asked. "Yes mum." She pats a spot next to her, and I sit down. She rolls her legs over on to the bed and looks at me. "Did you send Harry Styles that text? Lots of people are named Claire, but that's exactly how you text." She says, maybe a bit too concerned. 

I gulp, and I can feel my neck start to itch. "No mum it wasn't me. I wish I knew Harry Styles." I fake laughed, and started to get up. "I thought it was just a coincidence, just had to be sure! I don't want my daughter all mixed up with a bad boy." She chuckled, but concern was still written all over her face. "Yeah mum, he's a bad boy.. really bad." I said, as I left the room.

Once back to my room relief washed over me. But then it all left again. I rushed to my cellphone, and tumbled over my bed trying to turn it on. Landing my back flat on my guitar, I winced. "Thanks guitar, love you too." 

I got a hold of my shakiness, and texted Harry. "DONT COME OVER MUM IS CATCHING ON MEET AT BUS STOP 21"  After a few deep breaths, I calmed myself down. If he would have came over, it would have been done. She would have known completely. 

My mum isn't much of a boy band kind of mum. She hates them, but respects them because I like them. She's always talking bad things about Harry, all because of the fact she believes everything the press says. Mum actually believes he's slept with over 400 women. 

I shove my phone into my jean pocket, and throw a jacket over my red tanktop. I slip on my converse and tie my hair up into a high ponytail. "Mum I have to go, be back later. I love you!" I call to her as I sprint down the steps.

Harry's in a car, so he's going to get to the bus stop much quicker than I. Bus stop 21 is about 1/4 mile from my house, so I need to hurry. "Wait Claire!" I hear my mum's faint voice as I run from the house, "Got to go, urgent!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

I can already feel searing pain in my lungs. The cold air is flowing in and out of my nose quickly, and it burns. My throat is dry, and itchy, and extremely cold and pained. "Ugh." I groan as I now slow down to a jog. Everything hurts, that is quite possibly a sign that I should work out more often.

I get to the bus stop, and I can see Harry in his beanie and trench coat sitting under the covered bench. "Hey." I say, as I slowly walk towards him. He turns towards me, and smiles "Hi." I catch my breath as much as possible, and take a seat next to him. 

We both face straight ahead, not making any effort to look at each other. "Why were you on that bus anyways? You could have been caught." I say. I can hear him breathe in, and let it out. "We got a week off for break, and I was going to go eat, and just be me again." He pauses, and I can hear him grind his teeth. "Then I met you." He sighs, and continues.

"I lied. I'm sorry. I told you I was going to work. But I wasn't. From the moment I met you I knew I liked you, I had planned on getting on the bus everyday for the week to see you. I really never planned anything after that. I hadn't thought that far ahead. So when I got your text, I thought, might as well tell you. It was the perfect time." 

 I stare at my feet, and smile. "I'm not angry, or sad, I understand why you... couldn't be you." I say, looking up at him, meeting his eyes. "Thank you for understanding. Can we still talk even though I'm Harry Styles? We're going back on tour tomorrow, but we can still talk." Harry whispers, sliding his hand over mine. 

I pull my hand out from under his. I like him but I don't like him that much, I've never been one to jump into a relationship in a week. I'm like my mum, if I don't really know you I don't quite want you. "I'd love that." 

 Harry smiles, and we meet eyes again. "I have to go Claire, we're packing back up to go. I'll text you as much as I can. I'll call you, and when we come back to do a concert here you're coming. I won't lose contact with you. I promise."