Chapter 29

"Got yourself a nice little cozy apartment now huh Claire!" Niall laughed, looking at the room we've just put together. All of my belongings got here, and it didn't take as long as I thought it would to make the apartment look nice. 

"It looks really great." I smiled, and threw myself on to the couch. "Ugh, finally, a comfortable place to sit and relax." I laughed. Niall sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "Good job ol' mate." He laughed and took a gulp of his beer.

"Does the TV work?" Niall asked, reaching for the remote on the coffee table. "Yeah it's all hooked up, it's got 100's of channels." I told him. "Ah, wanna watch some telly then?" He asked, before hitting the power button. "I guess so." I giggled. "I'm going to go change into some pajamas, and prepare dinner." I said, and stood up. "Think about what you want for dinner." I told him and headed off into my bedroom.

I pulled open my dresser drawer and searched through my pajamas pants. I had more pairs of pajama bottoms than I'd like to admit. It's a bad habit of mine to pick some up every time I go shopping. I grabbed the black and white striped pair of shorts. I changed into the shorts, and pulled off my shirt. 

My apartments a little hotter than I'd like it to be, but there isn't much I can do about that until tomorrow. A man to fix the heater is coming in tomorrow, so until then, tank top it is. I fixed my blank tank top and put some matching black ankle socks on.

I flipped my hair over and tied my hair up into a high pony tail. I would have put it in a bun, but I can't really be bothered. 

"Decided yet?" I asked Niall as I left my room. "Anything will do, I can't decide!" He said, still flipping through the channels. I laughed, "Okay. I'll surprise you."

I didn't have much in the kitchen yet, since I haven't went grocery shopping. All I have are some basic things like spaghetti, bread, peanut butter and jelly. I'll make spaghetti.

I placed the pot of water on the stove, and flipped it to high. "Should take about 5-6 minutes to get to a boil." I mumbled to myself, and walked back into the living room with Niall. "Found something yet Mr.Picky?" I asked, sitting next to him. He nodded, "Watching some New York News! Crazy!" He said, turning the volume up. "Niall turn that down, it's too loud." I said, reaching for the remote control. 

He pulled his arm away so I couldn't reach it. "Come on Niall give me the remote, my apartment!" I told him, reaching over him for it. "Nope." He laughed, standing up and holding it as high as he could. "Give me the remote or else." I told him, trying to sound serious but breaking a slight smile. "Big bad Claire." Niall smirked. "I will call Louis and make him yell at you, I have his number you know!" I said, poking his stomach.

Niall stared me down. "Hmmm." He mumbled. A knock on the door broke Niall from his stare. "Coming!" I shouted, and went to the door. I peaked through the door hole but it was too blurry. I opened the door, "Hello." I said. 

Luke, the manager from Starbucks was here. "Hi. I know it's weird for me to be here." He said, sounding a bit jumbled. "But uh, I wanted to let you know in person that you got the job." He smiled, handing me some papers. "Really? That's great, thank you!" I said, taking the papers. "Those are just your hours and some paying stuff and what not. Look 'em over and if you need help with anything let me know, I'm at Starbucks all day, everyday." He smiled, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Now that I think about it, how is this young lad a manager? He has to be 19 or 20 years old. 

"Well thank you. You look cold, do you want to come in? I'm making dinner." I told him, and I opened the door wider. Little did I know Niall was standing right beside me, and now Luke and Niall had a clear view of each other. "Oh, um, you know I would but I gotta get home I've been working all day." Luke said, looking uneasy now. "Well have a goodnight, yeah?" I told him. He smiled and nodded, "You too Claire." He turned and left down the hall.