Chapter 20.

I start unpacking my things into the cabin. I've been eyeing this cabin online for over a year now, I've wanted to vacation here for so long. There's so much to do here. Hiking, camping, fishing, and the city is so close by to go do things. 

I walk over to the back window, and open the curtains. "The trees are so beautiful." I mumble to myself. This really is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. 

After unpacking I get a rental car, and head out to the town for some necessities. I decided not to bring my tooth brush causing I'd probably forget it here. Plus it's always nice to get a new toothbrush, deodorant, exc. 

Thankfully the drive is only 10 minutes. I'm already hungry for some food, and really tired. I've never understood why plane rides make me tired. The plane ride could be 15 minutes and I'd be extremely tired after it no matter what.

I enter the shop, and pick up a new toothbrush, deodorant, toothpaste, and I grab different types of food. I make sure to get lots of vegetables and fruit, and bread. Those are really my main foods I eat. I grab two loaves of bread, a package of sliced turkey, apples, pears, carrots, celery, cheese crackers, and oranges.

I reach into my pocket for my phone, "Where is it?" I groan, checking all of my pockets. I must have left it at the cabin, of course. I get really bad anxiety during check out, so I usually add up the price on my phone so I'm prepared when I check out. Not this time I guess.

Setting all of my groceries down on the table I grab my phone, and check my messages. Another text from the blocked number. It's another photo of Niall and a girl kissing. In this photo it's a different girl though. 

Niall couldn't have possibly cheated on me twice? I honestly never imagined him to do something like that. How could he have freaked out on Harry, when Niall cheated twice? What a hypocrite.

I decide to message the person back, "Why are you sending me these? Who are you?"

I make some food, and watch my phone as I wait for them to reply. They don't reply, which doesn't surprise me, if they wanted me to know who they were they wouldn't have a blocked number.

I head over towards the bed, and strip off all of my clothes, and cuddle myself into my onesie. 

When I wake up I see that I have 3 texts, Harry, Niall, and my mum. 

"Good morning Claire, how're you? .xx -Harry" I think it's really adorable how Harry actually messages me this every morning, he always says good morning and asks me how I am, and I actually love that. "Mornin' I'm good, you? xxx" I text back.

Niall of course texted me, "I miss you, and I'm sorry for how I acted the other day." I'm not sure if he's talking about our break up, or him cheating. I don't think he knows that I know he cheated on me. 

I decide not to text him back, like I said before, it'd be better to just completely forget about Niall for a little while at least.

My mum being her very protective self texted me, "Did you arrive safely? Call me when you can! x" I'm honestly glad to have a mum who cares so much. It seems now a days a lot of mums don't care about their children. 

"Could I call ya later Ima be busy today xxxx" I text her, and I am busy. I decided I want to go hiking on the 10 miles path. The path consists of trees, some wild life and lots of peace. 

I'm not a huge fan of exercise but I enjoy being in nature, it's calming and helps me realize what's really important in my life right now, as hippy as that sounds. 

Sadly though I forgot to bring my hiking gear, as if I actually had some. 

I get ready for the day, and pack a couple of sandwiches. I plan to only walk 7-8 miles, cause I also have to walk that far back. 

All I need to buy is pants, a workout jacket, new hiking trainers, a backpack and a water bottle.

"Hi do you have these trainers in a size 7?" I ask the woman standing behind the counter at the shoe shop. She nods her head and goes behind the curtain. 

I wait patiently as she brings me them out, "Here you go. Will that be all for you?" She says, handing me the trainers and placing her hand on the cash register. "Yes, thank you." I hand her the trainers and she swipes them. I quickly pay, and head over to the mall.

I find myself a blue pair of sweat pants, and a black jacket, and a huge black backpack. I was going to buy the water bottle the shop had but there was no way I was paying 15 pounds for it. 

I buy a bottle of water from the store, and start making my way back home.

"This looks nice." I say, inspecting my outfit in the mirror.  I shove my sandwiches into my new backpack, and place the water bottle into the side pocket, so it's sticking out for a quick grab. 

I check my phone for new messages, which is a habit I need to break. I never really had friends, so I guess now that I have some.. or 2, or 1, and my mum,  I desperately always need them.

It's actually a nice day out, not too cold and not too hot. "Nice." I say, as my phone vibrates right as I close the cabin door. I decide to just let it go for now, no more checking my phone until I get back from my hike. 

Hopefully this hike will calm me down, and just give me a sense of peace, even just for a couple of hours. 

"Hi little bunny." I whisper in a high voice, to the small white bunny hopping past me. I've seen a couple bunnies, and they're all so cute. 

"Hi to you too." I laugh, as a deer comes toward me. It quickly scurries off at the sound of my voice. "Well sorry." I giggle.

It's quite enjoyable out here, just me, the trees, and the animals. I love how some of the smaller trees sway from side to side, it's like they're dancing, and free. 

I check my watch, I've walked 7 miles. Thankfully my mum had bought me a watch that can tell you how far you've walked, or ran. It also tells you the calories you've burned, but I don't really use that feature, I don't need to. 

I take my backpack off and set it on a rock, and reach for the water bottle. I take 3 large gulps before setting it down and reaching into the backpack for my sandwiches. "Mmm." I say as I take one from the small baggy it's in. 

Turkey sandwiches have always been a weakness of mine, I could eat them nonstop I swear. It's probably because growing up my mum thought I loved ham sandwiches, so that's always what she bought. I never even knew that's why she kept buying the sliced ham. 

I reach my hand into my pocket but stop myself, "No checking your phone" I groan, reminding myself of why I came out here. 

My hand slips on the rock and I drop my other turkey sandwich on the ground. "Great." I say angrily. I have to walk 7 more miles to get back, and I've only eaten 1 sandwich. 

I eat like a man sometimes, and today is one of those times. Thank goodness that I've never really had to worry about my weight though.

A bird flies down and sits on a rock opposite of me. "I should hike more, I love this." I whisper to myself as I watch the bird. It's amazing how I've lived my whole life completely ignoring things like this.

I never took the time to just sit back, relax, and look at nature. It's such a beautiful thing, now it makes sense as to why everyone's trying to save the world..

Sadly it took me 18 years to finally take a good look at nature, it could take other people much longer. Maybe when I get home I'll start trying to help. 

Taking one last gulp of water, I stuff the water bottle back into it's spot. I strap the backpack back on, and set on for my last 7 miles back to the cabin. 

Today has been great, much better than I ever imagined.