Chapter 18

"Claire! Claire wake up! Claire are you okay?" I hear someone asking loudly, while shaking me. I open my eyes, "Harry?" I ask, seeing a blurry image of a brown haired boy. "Yes Claire, yes, it's me are you okay?" He asks, and I can tell he's frantic. "Yeah, are you?"

He nods his head, and slides me up onto his arms. Slowly my vision comes back into focus and I can see the damage Niall has done to Harry's face. A black eye, swollen cut lip, a cut on his forehead, a cut on his cheek and a bruise to his jaw bone. "Wow." I mumble, reaching up to touch Harry's jaw. "I'm sorry." I say.

He just nods.

"I didn't think Niall would freak out so bad when I told him I kissed you." I whisper as Harry sets me down on the couch. "I'm fine." Harry says roughly, not making eye contact.

I whimper in pain as Harry wipes a wet towel to my cheek. "Shh, don't move, you've got a small slash in your cheek from the floor." He says, holding my hands down with his knee. 

"You know you don't have to help me, I should be helping you. You're much worse than me." I tell him. "I'm fine." He repeats in the same harsh tone. 

I nod, and close my eyes and drift back into sleep.

I wake up to the smell of eggs and pancakes, I rub my eyes and look around. I'm back at Niall's hotel.

I walk into the Kitchen to find Niall making breakfast, obviously that's where the smell came from. "Hey" I mumble, taking a seat at the table. 

"Hey babe.." He says, his voice shaky. 

I'm hesitant about bringing up yesterday, but I know we have to talk about it. Something like that can't happen, and just be forgotten.

"We need to talk. Again." I tell him. 

He turns around and walks over to me, and sits down.

His eyes are red, puffy, and bright blue. He's been crying, really hard.

"I'm sorry for doing the things I've done, and I know I can't take them back." I say, fiddling with the back of my neck, nervous of how he'll reply.

"It's okay Claire. I don't hate you, and I don't blame you. I just don't understand. I was up all night thinking about why this happened, or how. What have I done wrong? What am I doing wrong that you don't think you love me anymore? Where did I go so bad?" He asks, his eyes starting to get watery. 

"Niall it's not your fault, and never has been. It's my fault. The moment I found out Harry was your band mate on that bus I should have ditched him, I should have left. I didn't, and it was a big mistake, I didn't think of how much hurt I'd be causing you, and possibly him." 

He lays his head down on the table, and I hear him sniffle. "We need to take a break for now." He whispers, pushing his chair back and walking back over to the stove without making eye contact.

I feel my heart drop in my chest, and it feels like my insides have just been crushed. I've never felt a feeling like this, and I never want to feel it again. It's a mix between pain and sadness. 

All the flashbacks of Niall and I since we were younger come spinning back to me, and I feel myself getting dizzy. I clutch the table and lay my head down. "No." I sob, getting up and running to the bathroom, and locking it.

The memory I never wanted to remember at a time like this just hit me like a bullet, when Niall told me I was his everything. 

I still remember it like it was yesterday. 

We were out at the park just walking around and talking, and then he dropped to the ground, and grabbed my hand, as if it were a proposal. His exact words were, "Claire, you're my world. My life. My mind, my heart beat, my reason to breathe and the reason I wake up every morning happy and excited to start the day. I love you, and I never could imagine my life without you. You're my everything, and you mean more to me than anything and I love you so much."