Chapter 32

"Harry." I said as I felt myself overcome with an emotion I had never felt before. I couldn't explain it. It was a tingle, I had goosebumps and my body became warm. "Claire?" Harry's voice rang as he came through the door. 

I couldn't help but smile. It had been so long since I'd seen him. I saw him in magazines, photos, sure, but it was nothing compared to seeing him in front of me. After 3 months of dreaming about him, and thinking about him as I went to bed even though I tried to push the thoughts away, here he is. 

"I didn't know you worked here." He said, as he came up to the counter. "I've been working here for a couple months now." I told him. He looked down, and I saw a small smile form on his lips. "I'm happy I found you." He said as he looked back up to me. 

I was shocked, had he really just said that? "You've been on my mind since the last time I saw you." He admitted, not breaking eye contact. "I wanted so badly to call you, just to hear your voice, even just for a moment.." He said.

I couldn't get any words out of my mouth. All I could do was stand there shocked. I had never thought Harry would one day just walk into my job, out of the blue, and admit that he missed me. It's something out of a fairy tale. 

"You probably hate me but I just want you to know that I miss you so much. Could we just sit and talk?" He asked. "Y-Yeah" I stuttered, pulling off my apron and following Harry to a seat. 

"How've you been?" He asked me, fiddling with his fingers. "I've been great actually." I told him and he just nodded. "How are you?" I asked him in return. "Terrible. My life sucks right now Claire. I'm happy while I'm on stage, and it's the best feeling, but the moment I come off stage I come back into reality." He said, biting on his fingernails. 

I pulled his hand away from his mouth, knowing that he had no problem biting his fingernails until they bled. "Why?" I asked him. He just stared at me for a few moments. "I've felt really empty. Alone all the time, almost as if there's just me sometimes. I feel like I'm in a bubble, and no one can get in, and I can't get out." He explained, and my heart hurt for him, it really did. 

I stood up and went over to him, and wrapped my arms around him. He stood up, and turned to me. He grabbed my hands and pulled me into his chest, and I held him tightly. His hands fished around my waist and gripped my sides.

I'm not sure how long we stood there. It felt like forever, just him and I. As if the bubble had popped and now it was just him and I in a newly formed bubble. No one needed to get in, and we didn't need to get out. 

"Claire." He whispered, his lips against my hair. "Yeah." I said. "Can we make us work?" He asked, pulling away and looking me in the eyes. I nodded, "I'd love that." I told him, and he smiled. It was the realest smile I had seen in the longest time. It was nothing compared to the fake smiled he pulled in photos.

I stepped back for a moment, "What about th-" I began but Harry cut me off, "I wasn't dating her, it was a fake relationship. Management did it, they thought it would take away from how I was acting." He explained. 

"Good to know." I smiled, holding his hands. "I'll stay in New York with you, I won't pressure you to go home." He said as he kissed my forehead. "I was going home, I'm not staying here." I told him, and he looked confused. "Why are you coming home? What about your mum?" He asked, and I could see the worry fill his eyes.

"She has one more chemo appointment, then her and I are going home. Her cancer should be gone." I told him, and he smiled, his dimple prominent. "I can't believe I found you tonight. I was angry, stomping down the road like a child, thinking about you and I just happened to turn and look in here, and I saw you. You were there standing like an angel. My heart stopped for a moment, and I couldn't feel my legs. I don't know how I was even able to walk in here without dropping to the floor in a mess." Harry admitted, his cheeks turning light pink.