Chapter 31

- 1 month later -

"How's the Chemo for your mom going?" Luke asked me during our usual morning breakfast together. "I think it's going okay, you know she's almost done she has about 2 more sessions and then she's done and we find out if she is free of the cancer." I told Luke as I bit into my apple. "It's pretty exciting because I do think she's getting better, it's just a feeling." I smiled.

"Are you moving home if she's better? I don't remember if we've talked about this before." Luke asked before taking a sip of his tea. "I've been chatting with her about that and she really wants me to go home, but she said she wanted to stay. I don't think she'll be able to though. Her stay in America is only allowed as long as she stays in the treatment centre, and when she leaves, she has to go home to England." I explained to him and he nodded his head. "Oh, so she is definitely going home." He said.

"Yeah, I feel bad because she doesn't want to, but I think she'll be a lot better off at home. Plus, if she goes back I can to. Even though I absolutely love New York, home is where my heart is." I told him. "Ah I'll miss you tons, just make sure we're always keeping in touch. You're a good chat." He laughed. 

"Don't worry, you text me every night of course we'll keep in touch!" I joked, throwing the rest of my apple into the trash. "Oh! Claire I forgot to tell you, I had an employee quit, so until I can hire another one do you think you could take the night shift? It's only from 8 pm, to 3 am. It'll only be for maybe a month and a half." Luke asked. "What about my morning and day shift?" I asked him. "I can cover it. I just can't cover a night shift. I have to be here during the day." He told me.

"Well, yeah I can take the night shift." I said and I took my last drink of my orange juice and threw the cup in the trash. 

"Thanks! It pays better anyways." He laughed as he fixed his apron. "Working normal today though?" I asked him, as I had already clocked in for the day. "Yep! Your night shift hours can start on next Monday, so since today's Monday just work normally all week." He said and I nodded, "Okay can do."

"Niall!" I greeted Niall through skype. "Claire! I'm sorry I haven't skyped you in so long, been busy!" He told me and made a frowny face. "It's fine, you're coming in a week and I can see you then! I'm overly excited, it's been weird lately. I've been feeling very alone and as if I have no friends." I explained, matching his frowny face. 

"Ah well we'll have fun!" He laughed. A girl walked behind Niall and had long blonde hair. She looked very similar to the girl Harry had been seen with. I could tell Niall was in a hotel room, so why was she in there with him?  I'm not angry or anything, but if she's dating Harry why is she alone with Niall? I just shook it off and pretended I didn't notice her.

"How's Harry?" I asked him, which I usually did tend to do whenever I spoke to Niall. Ever since Niall told me Harry had been drinking a lot I've been worried about him. "He started acting a little better for about a week, but now he's depressed! After a show he just sleeps and when he's not sleeping he just keeps to himself, it's sad but nothing we can do! He just yells at us if we try to get him to do somethin'!" Niall explained and all I could do was feel bad for him. 

"I hope he's fine. I hate seeing Harry being anything but happy." I said. "He's not even excited about playing the show in New York, which is not like him!" Niall said and I felt my heart stop for a moment. Harry wasn't excited to come do the concert here? Was it my fault? It couldn't be my fault, he's had a new girlfriend for almost 3 months now. 

"Can you tell him something for me, please?" I asked Niall. "Sure I can." Niall said smiling. "Tell him that whatever he's going through right now he'll get past it and that he always does." I said and Niall nodded. "Can do!"