That's My Daughter

Hope's POV:

We got to the game and Y/N went to the locker room. 

"I'm excited." Christie said.

"Did I do the right thing?" I asked.

"Hope, this kid's been to hell and back. If there is anyone on this planet that can guide her through her life its you."

"What if I make it worse for her? If she sees the way the media treats me."

"She's gonna know the real Hope Solo. The media doesn't." I looked down. "I can see the way she was looking at you. You've given her a chance after 2 hours when everyone else gave up right away."

"I haven't told Jerramy yet." I said. I looked at her. "I don't know how."

The teams walked out onto the field. They took off their jackets and got ready for kick off. 

"She's number 19!" Kelley yelled. "I knew I felt a connection with this kid!"

We laughed at her. The game started. It was a quiet first 30 minutes.

"Come on!" A parent yelled next to me. 

"Hope cheer on your daughter." Sydney nudged me. "Someone already asked Ali if player #19 was her kid." 

I laughed. "Come on Y/N!" I clapped. She looked at me and smiled. "That's my girl!" She got the ball and ran. 

"Breakin ankles just like her aunt Tobin." Tobin said putting her sunglasses on.

She ran towards goal and passed it to her teammate before running again. She got the ball back and scored. 

We all jumped up and cheered for her. She jogged towards the corner flag while looking up.

"Which one is your kid?" A father asked next to me.

"Number 19." I smiled. "That's my girl!" I clapped and cheered for her. She looked at us and pointed to me. I pointed back. "My daughter." 

"JUST LIKE AUNT KELLEY!" 

"NO SHE'S LIKE AUNT SYD!" 

"We all know she's more like aunt Baby Horse." Lauren laughed. Alex pouted at the nickname. 

After the game ended, and Y/N's team won 1-0, we wanted to go out for dinner. 

"Great game kid." Amy hugged her. 

"Thanks."

I walked over and hugged her too. "You are one hell of a player."

She laughed. "I had nothing else to commit my time too except soccer."

We went to dinner and the light in her eyes was amazing. She looked so happy and the smile she had was lighting up the room.

How could anyone give up on this kid?