Why

Hope's POV:

I started at Y/N. I just told her everything about what happened.

"But why do people still make you look like the bad guy?" 

"Cause they don't know the whole story. Only what media shares."

Y/N sighed. "Why did that have to happen?" 

"I don't know. Can we talk about something else now?" 

She looked at me. "Fine." She looked away.

"Are you mad?"

"I'm more mad that I had to find out by some fuckboys on the street. It's in the past." She shrugged.

We went down for dinner and she left my side almost immediately. 

"Teenage trouble?" Christie asked.

"Something like that." I sat next to Carli. "Some boys on the street today told her about the case and I told her about it."

"You gotta stop hiding things from the poor kid." Abby said. "Her whole life she's been kept in the dark."

"Abby."

"Look. You want her to open up a bit more to you right? Then open up to her. She won't trust you unless you trust her."

"Abby's right." Christie said. "Parenting is all about trust. Make her feel more comfortable. Tell her things and she'll tell you things. It's a way of life."

They both looked at Carli who was eating. She stopped and looked up. "What they said." She added before going back to eating. 

I looked over at her. She was at a table by herself, barely eating. I sighed and went to get up.

"Woah." Abby said. "Don't go talk to her with that attitude. Talk to her cause you want to. It looks like you're going cause you have to."

I looked down. "Am I doing a good job?"

"Honestly?" I nodded. "Kind of. Not really. You both have a lot to work on." 

"2 closed off people came together and continued to be closed off." Christie added.

"You talk to Carli." Abby said. "Y/N needs a Carli." We looked over to see Morgan now sitting with her. "And I think Morgan is it."