Meet The Family

Hope's POV:

"Kelley I said no." 

"Come on Hope. She has to come with me anyway."

"Kelley."

"Hope. I'm going home to Georgia and Y/N needs to come with me. You're forgetting that you aren't her legal guardian. You still have 3 months left."

I sighed. "Kelley. You can't take her with you."

"Hope I have to. Where else is she gonna go?"

"With me."

"Hope she can't!"

I sat down. Y/N came into the room. "I'm all packed." She said. I looked at her. "What's wrong?"

"Kelley I can't let you."

"Hope you don't have a say in this anymore. She has to come with me. I'm home and she has to come with me. I'm sorry but she isn't in your care anymore."

"It's fine Hope. I kind of want to go. I don't think I've ever been to Georgia." She smiled. "Wait. Yeah I have. Only for 2 days though." She laughed.

"Kel."

"Hope we're gonna be there for a week. Then we'll be right back here and you can be with her again."

I sighed. I got up and hugged her. "I'll see you when you get back."

"Yeah." She said. I watched her leave with Kelley and sat back down.

Your POV:

"It's gonna be fun." Kelley said. We arrived in Georgia and Kelley was driving to her parents house. 

I looked at her. "Okay."

We got to the house and got out. "Kelley!" Her mom ran out and hugged her. 

"Hi mom." She hugged her mom. I stood there awkwardly. "Mom this is Y/N. Y/N this is my mom, Karen."

"Hi." I waved. 

"Nice to meet you." 

We went inside and Kelley saw her dad. "This is Y/N." Her mom said. "Y/N this is Dan. Kelley's dad."

"Hello." I waved again.

"Y/N don't be so awkward." Kelley said. 

"I'm just being myself KO." I said to her.

"This is the girl Hope adopted but she's with me for a while." Kelley explained.

"What happened with Hope?"

"There's a few things she needed to take care of and I stepped up and took care of this child."

We sat and had dinner with her parents. I met her brother and sister too. 

"How was day one with the O'Hara's?" Kelley asked.

"It was really cool. It was nice to see a real family. A mom, a dad and kids." I looked at her. "I never had that before."

"How long were you in the system?" Dan asked.

"Since I was 1." I said. "My birth parents had a child and then had me but they gave me up." I shrugged. 

"Kelley told us you play soccer?" Erin asked.

"Yeah. I do." 

"You like it?"

"Love it." I smiled. "It was the only thing I looked forward too."

"Only thing that kept her out of trouble." Kelley laughed.

"Trouble?"

I looked down. 

"She's had it rough and never had that authority figure in her life." Kelley said. "So she kind of likes to rebel against the rules of authority figures. Hope's doing good with her." She looked at me. "She's a good kid you just gotta be there for her."

I smiled. 

"That sounds about right." I said.