The Truth

Your POV:
I was heading out to US camp to meet Hope and surprise Kelley for her birthday.

30 years old and she still acts like she's 5.

"You sure they're fine with us coming?" Lea asked. We were on the plane.

"Of course. Hope's happy to meet you plus little soccer boy here will get to play all the time." I said fixing his hair.

"Will Carli Lloyd be there?" He asked.

"Duh."

Lea smiled. "You are the best thing that ever happened to us."

I grabbed her hand. "You guys are too. I thought I wouldn't be happy after Morgan but the I met you guys."

The plane landed in California and we got in the car Hope sent.

The drive seemed shorter than it actually was but we got there. "Come on buddy." I said helping Aiden out of the car. I held his hand as we walked into the center.

"Y/N!" I saw Kling.

I smiled. "Hey." I laughed. She jumped up and down. We got to her and she hugged me.

"I missed you!" She yelled.

"I missed you too Kling." I laughed. She let me go and backed up. 

"Look at you." She said. "You're getting so big. I remember when Hope first adopted you, now you're this mature, young women. I'm proud of you kid." She patted my arm.

"Aw Kling." I laughed. 

"Come on let's go." She said. "You must be Lea. I'm Meghan." She said shaking hands with her.

"Yeah. No one calls her Meghan though." I said. 

"Hi Kling." Aiden waved.

"Hi cutie!" She said. "Can I pick him up?" Lea nodded.

"I don't know Kling can you? He might be taller than you."

"Oh come on! We just had a cute moment and you had to ruin it with a short joke!" 

"I guess our cute moment was..... short." I smirked.

"Oh screw you." She said taking Aiden and leaving. 

I laughed. "That's just 1 of them." I smiled. Lea grabbed my hand.

"Are you sure it's fine I'm here. I don't want drama with Morgan."

"I'm over it. I have you now. She's the one who wanted to end things." I said. "Come on." 

We walked in and found Hope and Kelley. "Lea, this is Hope my mom and her girlfriend Kelley." I smiled.

"Mom and Kel this is MY girlfriend Lea." I said. 

"I KNEW IT!" Kelley screamed. "I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!" She ran around the room.

Hope stood there and shook her head. "I apologize for her." She said.

Lea laughed. "It's fine. My mom did the same thing when I introduced her to Y/N." 

"So where's Aiden?" Kelley asked once she relaxed.

"Kling took him. He's a little soccer star so who knows what she's teaching him." 

"Everyone should be in the dining room." Hope said. "Let's go join them."

Her and Lea walked in front of us.

Kelley pulled me into a hug. "I'm so happy you're here." She said. 

"Me too. I loved Boston but I missed my family." I said. 

We walked behind them. "Lea seems like a great girl. I'm happy you're happy. I know you were hurting after Morgan."

I nodded. "Well I'm good now. And all that is behind me now so let's no bring it up." 

Hope opened the doors to the dining room. "SURPRISE KELLEY!" Everyone yelled.

I laughed. "WHO DID THIS!?" She yelled. 

"It was ALL Y/N's idea." Alex said walking up to me. "She thought you deserved a big party and helped us plan this." She hugged me. "Nice to see you by the way."

Everyone was here. Retired and new. Kelley walked around and said hi to everyone. Hope brought Lea and Aiden around. I stood near a table.

"Hey." I turned and saw Morgan. "How are you?" She asked.

"I'm doing good." I said. "How about you?"

"I'm good." She nodded. 

"Great game against Seattle last week by the way. Garrett and I watched. He just loves Kim Little." I smiled. 

"Thanks." She said. "Lea's pretty." 

"Yeah she is." I thought about what to say. 

"I'm gonna go say hi to Lauren." She said. "Nice seeing you Y/N." She smiled and walked away.

The party carried on. Everyone laughed and danced and just had fun. Morgan and I didn't talk after that. 

Kelley say in the front of everyone to open presents. Her last one was from Hope. 

"So first thank you guys for showing up to show some love for this dork." Hope said causing everyone to laugh. "When I first met Kelley she was learning how to be a defender and I was an ass cause I didn't want the newbie to mess up my backline." She said. 

"Hey." 

"You know it's true Kel." Hope continued. "Anyway. Years passed and I started to really grow and like Kelley. We became close friends. I supported her and was there no matter what, and she did the same for me. When I adopted Y/N there we a lot of obstacles in the way. Kelley was there for both of us and I'm forever grateful." 

"AWW!" Megan yelled. 

Hope laughed. "Kelley I love you with everything in me. I never thought I was deserving of the love you have for me. You just make me feel so important and that I have more worth than just a being a goalkeeper." She reached into her pocket. "So here, on your 30th birthday I thought what can I get her?" She got down on one knee. "Kelley Maureen O'Hara will you marry me?" 

Kelley gasped as did everyone else. I smiled because I knew Hope was planning this. I helped her pick out the ring, over FaceTime of course. "KELLEY ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION ALREADY I'M DYING HERE!" Megan yelled.

"Yes." Kelley said. 

The rest of the party was Kelley and Hope being congratulated by everyone. "Hey guys!" Morgan got in front of everyone. "I have some news too. I kind of don't want to do it but hey since this party is full of surprises why not?" 

Morgan's news was a shock to everyone. 

"I need air." I said to whoever was never to me. 

Walking outside I don't know what I was feeling. I didn't know if I wanted to punch something or cry. 

The End

THAT'S THE END!!! HAHAHA!!! BOOK 2 in a few days! Thank you all for reading this! It's been a long incredible journey and I'm so thankful for you guys. I hope you all stick around for the second book to find out what Morgan's news was and what's gonna happen between you two.

Anyways until book 2 is out check out Boston HeartBreaker!